New- question about reflexes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New- question about reflexes

Hello everyone. my family dr has referred me to a neurologist due to years of explainable dizziness and fatigue. i am in late 20's. I have rapid reflexes in all limbs, positive romberg, an "up" plantar reflex (is this the babinski?) and some clonus.

dr seems to think ms is quite possible, but only symptoms i have are fatigue, dizziness, mild tingling sensations in fingers and toes and sometimes feel strange walking. no vision problems or pain.

i'm most worried about my reflex results; how likely is it based on these alone that something is indeed wrong?
    of course I'm hoping it's nothing, but would be nice to have some answers for all these years of feeling not myself.

many thanks for any advice or similar stories

It may be MS or some other neurological issue. The only way to find out is to go to a neurologist and go through the testing. I've been told that a positive Babinski (toes turn up instead of down when something is raked along the length of the bottom of the foot) indicates a neurological problem. It's not necessarily MS.

A large number of people with MS have vision problems, but not all. I was diagnosed 13 years ago and have never had any vision problems or pain that was associated with MS.

Comment

I've had hyper reflexes since the start of ms. I also eventually got the dizzies. My MS affects my spine c6-7 mostly my right side thus my reflexes on the right are hyper. When you put your chin down to your chest do you feel anything strange (lhermites sign)? It has not effected my vision in 13 yrs and only had pain during my first attack which was the worst by far

Reflexes are a response to a stimulus that is read back up to the Brain and back down to the,stimuled area for a response. A hyper response could be due to that nerve signal going to the brain and back. The signal gets mixed up due to a misconnection in the nerve, spine or brain. It's not necessarily MS but hyper reflexes are a classic ms sign and part of a standard neuro exam esp of ms patients
      Carrie

Comment

Working...
      X