Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where am I going?

I have had MS for 6 years.

It has been a steady decline for everything. Balance is terrible, walking very little, legs feet and hands are numb.

No longer able to write. Numbness has moved into my arms
    back and neck. Speech is affected. Can't even use a knife and fork. No co-ordination.

I have done the usual Meds, and am on Tysabri and Ampyra right now.

What's left? Do I need to worry about my breathing?

I would rather not be here, then end up in a nursing home.
    I'm tired of being a burden on my wife, who has been wonderful.

Well, that's my rant of the day. I'm glad to see many do better, but we all can't go jogging. That's the reality.

Thank you

I Understand

I understand how you feel. In my experience I can sometimes get out of the "what's the point of my life" mode and try to cherish those times. I have been trying to accept the limitations and pain in my body and focus on my mind to hopefully find some happiness and comfort there.

I hope you can also find some solace.

Comment

Tomjadg, I'm sorry about your progression and I know it's hard living day to day but don't give up.

Tysabri, is the best, hopefully it will stop your progression.

I am saying a prayer for you and I hope your days get brighter.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi Tomjadg
        Hi mate it sure is hard when you feel like you are holding loved ones back, thats how I often feel and I eat with my left hand now, as for writing when I send a note to school for one of my kids I have
        had the note sent home before as the teacher thought it was my child forging a letter,
        I am currently on tysabri but my neurologist doesn't think its working so it looks like might be changing to lemtrada I am very worried about the side effects but I feel I have to do what ever I can for my family,
        I walk like a drunk and I knock over more cups of coffee than I drink I forget my hand doesn't work go to grab the cup and over she goes,
        keep your chin up mate and look for the simple pleasures in life
        and you know how the story goes you can't get a decent sunset without a few clouds
        I have had MS for over 20 years there is a lot more help out there now Good luck Craig

Comment

Thanks to both of you.
          Yes, my first round of Ty stopped progression, but I had to stop due to a high titer number. I restarted them, but see no improvement after 3 infusions.

Comment

Thanks Craig.
            Good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
            X