LESSON LEARNED!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LESSON LEARNED!!

My Neurologist put me Ritalin to help combat fatigue. That was one week ago. The first time I took it I was moving around like a water bug running around on surface of the water in a swimming pool, but the medication wore off around 1:30pm I crashed and burned like a fighter jet flaming out and crashing.

That's when I realized I was supposed to eat at least 30 minutes before I took the med. After learning that I made sure I followed the directions.

Except for this morning. In my haste to get to my PCP I took all my morning meds, including the Ritalin, without eating, and I paid the price.

How did I pay for it? I'm glad you asked. About 10:30am I suddenly began to feel bad and the feeling got progressively worse. I left work in a made rush to get home. I made it home in a wild rush to get to the restroom. Feeling bad was comprised of stomach cramps, severe nausea and multiple quick trips to the restroom.

I went to bed and slept for the rest of the day. Finally it started to lift its grip about 7:00pm tonight. I can't recall a time when I became so ill fromimedication. But it was all my fault for not reading and following the directions. I can promise you that WILL NOT happen again!!
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth
Working...
X