BEST VISUAL AND AUDITORY EXPLANATION OF WHAT MS FEELS LIKE AND IS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEST VISUAL AND AUDITORY EXPLANATION OF WHAT MS FEELS LIKE AND IS

One of the best ways to see what MS feels like and to explain to friends- may be the BEST I have seen in the last 25 years since I was diagnosed.

http://www.upworthy.com/a-bike-that-...vel?g=3&c=ufb1

What an interesting analogy! The only design adaptation I would suggest is to make the frame heavy. A lot of us know what it feels to walk with imaginary 15+# weights on each leg.

Thanks for sharing!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I agree with Seasha. Great analogy and about the frame being heavier. But this does the best job of explaining MS that I've seen yet.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

That is a good analogy. I don't need this bike, but I can think of one or two that could use one.

Comment

I agree about adding weights otherwise great example.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Another suggestion

Have people ride the bike with gloves on under mittens. Try using the gear shift when you can't feel anything.

Comment

Leg weights

Don't forget to add leg weights to their ankles
              Peace to all,
              LM
              RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Comment

excellent

This is great, I need to get DH to see this. He is great, but, as we all know, no one really gets it unless they get it. This should help though. I agree with the addition of ankle weights - sometimes it feels like my feet are glued to the floor with the kind of glue that's supposed to hold an elephant!

Comment

Working...
                X