THIS MAYBE AN ODD ONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THIS MAYBE AN ODD ONE!

Over the last couple of weeks my ability to write legibly has been severely compromised. As hard a I try I just cannot improve my penmanship. I print everything I write and one would think that would be better but it's not.

As I type this I notice my thumbs twitching. Not so bad where I can't control them but it does take some work. My question is has anybody had this problem before or does anybody have this problem now? I haven't started any new medications so I can't blame it that. I told you it was an odd one. LOL!
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

No, never had this problem. BUT I see you were on Tecfidera....and now are not.
    May I ask why? I am considering switching from Betaseron to Tec Friday 1/23/16.

Comment

I have this problem as well. Mine never went away, I hope this go away,

Take care,
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Hello Waydwnsouth1 ,

It's not odd

I once had beautiful penmanship but those days are long gone. Many times my signature and writing (cursive and print) looks like a child's. For me it's due to tremors and the occasional hand weakness.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hi Waydwnsouth

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
          Over the last couple of weeks my ability to write legibly has been severely compromised. As hard a I try I just cannot improve my penmanship. I print everything I write and one would think that would be better but it's not.
          I have to print also (can't do cursive writing anymore).

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
          My question is has anybody had this problem before or does anybody have this problem now?
          Over time (after much struggling and when it became impossible), I had to switch from using my right hand to now using my left hand to print (and to do everything else too). It's quite remarkable how well I'm able to use my left hand now, after much practice.

Take care.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I also used to have beautiful penmenship. (Both cursive and printing, but preferred printing.) Mine's gone down the tubes as well. Reminds me of what happens to old people who have bad arthritis. Some days are much worse than others. I have to take breaks when I write, or it gets even worse.

Mine seems to be related to weakness. Even subtle changes make a difference.

You might want to see an OT, who can help can help determine why and teach you strategies to keep yours as neat as possible, for as long as possible. Using a thicker pen with a grippy thing is a good place to start.

Good luck.
            Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

To start with jlk9498, I stopped Tecfidera due to a relapse with substantial increase in lesion load. That's the only reason why. I loved the med but it didn't love me.

Well I guess my question wasn't as odd as I thought it would be. Sorry to hear about the problem everyone else is having I certainly hope we all can get some relief from this.
              Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
              Babe Ruth

Comment

Working...
              X