Mobility and Pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobility and Pregnancy

*******Please only respond if you used a cane or other assistive devises before pregnancy and then had to use more devises like a walker or a wheelchair during pregnancy.*****

I have had to use a cane almost daily since my relapse 2 years ago. I was working hard with my pt and could walk up to a mile in a day (a marathon for me)! But as soon as i got pregnant I lost all strength and can barely lift my feet off the ground. I'm 22 weeks now and because of balance and strength I need to get a walker and wheelchair soon.

If you went through this in your pregnancy i have 3 questions/topics for you.
    1) How did you handle the need for more assistance emotionally? Were there helpful mantras or things you turned your mind on to accept it? (I'm having a hard time coping emotionally with this new limitation)
    2) Did you recover after the baby? what was that like? how long did it take to get back to your previous mobility? What did you do physically to go from needing a walker back to just needing a cane?
    3) What were the most helpful tools you had for your newborn? Types of stroller, front packs, set up of rooms, getting around the house, easy to transport carseats, etc. I am just starting to look at baby stuff and want to get the ones most helpful for people with MS who use a cane (or more assistance if i don't get better).

Thank you for only responding if you fit my situation.
Working...
X