Long or short discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long or short discussions

Do you prefer getting short & sweet treatment reports or more detailed ones? I'm currently working on something and wondering if I need to spend more or less time on details.

I'd LOVE to say, I could do half & half, but I'm not sure my brain works in that way.

Thanks!!!

I bet you will get a large assortment of answers so you should probably go with whatever your style is.

My preference, both in real life and cyber space, is a succinct to the point "meat and potatoes" run down. Maybe its just me but my attention span doesn't hold up and frankly posts that are floridly dramatic and longer than my tattered version of War and Peace seem just a bit narcissistic. Just my opinion though and I know there are others who enjoy a more rather thorough post.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Short and sweet.

I do, however, read through the long reports as well when I'm fully committed to the treatment.

Comment

i want the long, that way everything is in front of me, even though i`m going to forget most of it.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Marco,

I prefer the long version. I don't remember half the things I read and often miss things, but I 'd rather be able to read (and reread) ALL the information at my own pace, rather that not have it at my disposal at all.
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

2 to 2? We need someone to break the tie!!!

Comment

Short and sweet if it's a tedious subject. More detailed if it's worth the read.

Comment

Sorry no tie break!

In a perfect world I would have it both ways. When doctors talk to me I want the nitty gritty. When it comes to written reports, I like the long version. That way my short attention span can catch the drift right away, then read the long version and research at my leisure.

If I can't have both I'll take the short version and compile my own haphazard research and questions for next time.
                You can't stop washing your feet just because you're afraid you'll fall in the shower.

Comment

Long. The more detail the better.
                  Portia

Comment

Originally posted by alishape View Post

If I can't have both I'll take the short version and compile my own haphazard research and questions for next time.
                    Excellent point. The value of advocating for ourselves and double checking whatever information we come across is very important.
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    Anonymous

Comment

Well, I did my best to meet both needs. I tried to create a summary on top, with a lot more details below. I am still trying to find the balance, but I tried!

Here is the result of this thread:
                      http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=135229

Comment

Neither. I like it when it's like a newspaper article. The whole story in the first sentence, then, more and more detail as story unfolds. That way I can stop reading or listening when I've satisfied my interest in the topic.

Comment

Working...
                        X