No announcement yet.

FOR THE FIRST TIME......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me please clarify so we don't get confused. Concurrent Receipt usually mandates 20 years of Service and at least 50% SC Disability. Exceptions are made for Combat Related Veterans and people separated under Early Retirement Programs.

Wanted to make sure no one thinks that no one is eligible for CR. Lots of Lurkers out there.

Bottomline...fight for your benefits. And most likely you will have to fight.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I can relate, too. The unknown is such a tough thing to get used to. Adjusting to MS and how much is out of my control is a big challenge for me. Hang in there.........

Comment

Katie,

I've got just over eight active years. I am actually active guard under title 32. I have 10 guard years. The med board process is going through active duty Army. Thanks.

John
        Diagnosed RRMS April 2014
        Trying to be the best dad I can!

Comment

I am scare s....less too. Not one day has gone by in 23 years since I was diagnosed without some MS related thoughts. But I also never allow myself to think of how bad it could really end up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Reformed Yankee View Post
            Katie,

I've got just over eight active years. I am actually active guard under title 32. I have 10 guard years. The med board process is going through active duty Army. Thanks.

John
            Well unfortunately I am a Title 10 gal! . Since you are Active Guard...I would hope you rate out as Service Connected MS. Good Luck with your MEB...let's hope it takes an extraordinarly long time!
            Katie
            "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
            "My MS is a Journey for One."
            Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Katie,

It does rate as service connected. So I guess if there is anything good about this disease that's it. If the experience so far is any indication, it is going to take forever. I look at from the perspective that I get paid on the first and the fifteenth. My command allows me to set my own hours and work from home. I am very lucky to have such support.

John
              Diagnosed RRMS April 2014
              Trying to be the best dad I can!

Comment

I am finally circling back to this post. I have been in the hospital since November 7th, but I am back home and settling in.

If you need anything, anything, anything, please let me know. Again, my email address is in my profile and I hope you will use it. I and many others are on your side and wish you only the best. Please keep us informed and let me know if you have needs ...

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                  I am finally circling back to this post. I have been in the hospital since November 7th, but I am back home and settling in.

If you need anything, anything, anything, please let me know. Again, my email address is in my profile and I hope you will use it. I and many others are on your side and wish you only the best. Please keep us informed and let me know if you have needs ...
                  Marco, not trying to hijack the thread...but you mentioned a 2 week hospitalization...you okay?

Comment

RDMC - yes, I am doing fine, and I'll have a complete report submitted before Monday. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X