feel alone, need to rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feel alone, need to rant

My mother's been here for over a month. It's really been helpful having someone to drive me to work and prepare meals. That's why I feel bad about this rant, because I hate to complain.

I need to move. I am being transferred to a, to put it nicely, less stressful environment (small building, one level, better neighborhood). To do this, I have to break a lease. I wanted to use my last month's rent and forfeit the security deposit since it's too cold in the winter anyway. I went to visit my ex and my mother kept emailing me, calling me a piece of garbage for not paying the rent for Oct. There were seven of these emails.

When I got home, she told me my ex was a dirty old man and I was a fool who didn't want to get better for traveling so far (he drove). I said that I had given my LL a check. She seemed to have a psychotic break at this point, slamming doors, screaming in my face, calling me expletives. I wasn't going to let it bother me but I started to cry, I was worried about a relapse. I forgot to take my Tec. "You're a *** moron for giving her a check!" I asked my ex to look at the emails. It made me doubt *my* sanity, but he said clearly she wanted me to pay October.

Something similar has happened before where she balled up her fists and used them on my car. I felt so bad, because I worked so hard for this car and took such good care of it, and now it's all scraped on one side from last May and I can't drive it very far. I wish I could snap my fingers and just die and someone deserving get the car. It is just agonal to be alive at this point, so much work and nothing to look forward to.

Hi,

Sorry things seem so bad for you right now. Family isn't easy sometimes. Seems like a anger control issue there.
    Not your fault.

You did the right thing paying your land lady. These things will follow you for 7 years if you don't take care of business.
    Then, if you need a new place or a reference from previous rentals you will be ok.

Hang in there and do what you know is right. You'll never go wrong.

muppy
    Never pass up a opportunity to pee!

Comment

I am sorry things are rough right now. Your mom does seem to have some issues, don't let her make them your own. I do hope the move and less stressful job help you in the long as run. Incredibly stressful now, but hope it brings you some gain later.

Wishing you well.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I would put up with a lot from my Mother...more than anyone else in this World. But if she called me ugly names, that would take the cake.

Maybe it's time for Mom to come back home and y'all distance yourselves for awhile.
        Katie
        "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
        "My MS is a Journey for One."
        Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

You have an abusive mother! It's not your fault. I would stay as far away from her as possible. I know it's not easy. We want to love our mothers and try to convince ourselves they aren't really bad.

But you have to stay away. You will get criticized for that, too. I hope you can find a group of friends that value you and treat you with the respect that you deserve. Therapy may be very useful,right now, especially since to are moving.

I get it that you need to find a less stressful environment. I have some neighbors who are trying to kill me. They put dirt in my air conditioners every half hour to give me an asthma attack. I'm sleeping with a mask over my face,,but I think,my days are numbered.

Comment

You deserve a good rant.

I hope everything goes good with your move and it makes life easier for you. As for your mother-she's lucky you didn't sue her for the damages on your car and that you even have anything to do with her. Hopefully she'll learn that she has no right to talk to you or anyone else like that. Words can cut deep and the last thing you need is the stress she is putting on you. I've learned that caller ID and the delete button on my email are wonderful things. They can make life a little quieter and more relaxing-at least for awhile.

Comment

Sorry to hear what you are going through. Your Mom should not be treating you this way; saying and doing all of these mean things. You deserve much better!

I agree with Katie Again and to distance yourself as much as possible from her would be best, preferably forever!

You deserve people in your life who are kind to you.

Take care!
              Nikki

Comment

anyway you put it

Anyway you put it, it is abuse. She should not be doing that.

Unless she changes, she needs to not be there for you. Because that is not being there for you emotionally.

This is the place to rant. But, you are the most deserving person for your car. It is yours and you own it.

Keep up the fight. Even if it feels like you are at the bottom of the hill.
                God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Working...
                X