MS and Bronchial Spasms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS and Bronchial Spasms?

Just came home from ER. Was having trouble breathing, but all I'm throat. Have had a respiratory infection for 11 days, so I thought irritation from cough. Since also had pseudo type of relapse with low grade fever, said could potentially be from MS or complicated by MS. Has anyone ever heard this? I knew it could affect swallowing, and even breathing, but thought that was more in the lungs. The reading material from release also said potential other causes, which I don't think I have.

Breathing treatments and steroids, back home with rescue inhaler and instructions to come back if flares again and to follow up wit PCP and neuro. If MS related, are there tests or time will tell?

Thanks
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

your not alone

I too had a attack where I could not expand my diaphram , a bad squeeze and couldn't breath , and had to go to the ER after2 hours of trying to get through it at home. The long of it they kept me overnight did a whole bunch of tests and my bill was $7,000 This S**KS...

Comment

Between my MS 'Hug', and apraxia of the trunk area, I don't breathe very well normally.

My daughter passed on a cough, cold with fever to me over a month ago and I'm still trying to recover. Fever lasted a couple of days, but the chest congestion and cough just won't clear up completely.

The cough has improved after the first couple of weeks, but I'm still experiencing brief coughing spells, and breathing is more difficult than 'my normal' MS related shallow breathing.

I think the MS related shallow breathing is insufficient to clear my lungs of congestion/fluid that resulted from the cold.

I hope yours clears up and you are feeling better very soon.

Comment

ER again, Prednisone with no taper?

Thanks Limmpy and MSW. Sorry to hear of your dealings with it. I pray I don't see Limmpy's bill - still fighting with LTD and SSDI.

I wound up having to back to ER last night. Sent me home with more meds Including prednisone. I am a little concerned about it, as it is 60mg for 5 days all taken at same time in AM, but no taper. Has anyone experience with that? I am wondering if I should call PCP before my follow up and ask him. Any guidance?

Yesterday was my husband's bday, ERvwas not the gift he wanted. Then again, he is probably enjoying the "limit talking" order

Thanks for any insights.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

60 mg doses

I was diagnosed with lupus about 30 years ago (before my MS diagnosis) -- in one of my flareups I was put on 60 mg doses in the a.m. I'm a avg size lady, 5'7 and 150 lbs and I didn't handle it well. I got scared because I felt like I was "losing it' so I called the doctor with my symptoms. They changed it so I took 20 mgs for each a.m. lunch and p.m. Worked fine then. You might not have any problems at all, but I thought I'd share my story just in case you feel wacky.

Comment

I caught a cold back in April had a bad cough with wheezing. I have history of asthma but have not used inhaler in more than 4 years. I went to the dr who put me on some cough med on a Wed I stopped it Sun called dr mon am told him my breathing is still a messnow my MS and stomach are messed up. All he said was continue med to soon to stop took 2 more doses and quit. Went to my regular dr just about 10 days later he called pharmacy to find out about drug. He asked me did it affect my MS I told him that and my stomach he confirmed it has codeine which can affect the stomach and something that potentially not good for MS. He sent me to pulmonologist. Said cold affected my breathing tubes. And am now back on inhaler not able to get off maybe a pulmonologist can help good luck

Comment

Working...
            X