Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do most of your Meds get delivered to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do most of your Meds get delivered to you?

There still in the middle of all my paper work and was denied rebif so the Dr. has to appeal with more documentation. I just want to get going on this. My main question is do most of you have mail orders or does your preferred pharmacy work with the companies. My pharmacy is Walgreens and my prescription plan is WellCare. Any info would be much appreciated. I must be honest........getting a little nervous with all this and if it's going to work out with any asstance program. I am only on Medicare part A and B and of course my prescription plan.

Thanks for your help and may you all have a pleasant day!
    Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

back when I was on Copaxone and before that Avonex, they were both delivered to my house from a mail order pharmacy.(Actually they are division of Walgreens)
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

yes

My copaxone, rebif and now avonex were/are mail delivered. They have turned me into a serious cardboard box collector...
      Dx - Jan 2005
      1st Symptoms - Dec 2004
      Currently treatment - Tefidera (6/14) & LDN (4/09)
      Past treatments: Copaxone, Rebif, Avonex, Solumedrol IV, Prednisone

Comment

Well that's good to know.

Thanks............
        Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
        RRMS

Comment

Due to cost and complexity, your local pharmacy would have little knowledge or access to our medications. MS medications are normally distributed by a Specialty Pharmacy contracted by your insurance company. The specialty pharmacy will not even auto-ship, I have to talk to them monthly to schedule a shipment. Each month, I am required to answer a list of questions and speak with a pharmacist. The medications are shipped FedEx 2-day with signature required. If I waive the signature requirement then I am on the hook if the medications turn up missing.

I did have a specialty pharmacy that would use the US Postal Service to mail my medications, but my insurance forced me to transfer to their preferred pharmacy.

Comment

There's more to this than I ever thought.

Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS

Comment

My ampyra and extavia are both shipped monthly by cvs Caremark specialty pharmacy. They both required prior approval and renewal paperwork every two years. The pharmacy contacts me monthly to arrange shipment. I don't have to be home for delivery but do have to answer questions about side effects each month. My other, nonspecialty meds, are also shipped but every three months and I order them online. I've had lots of problems with delivery errors with these meds but never the specialty ones. Extavia copay is covered by Novartis so I don't have any out of pocket cost. Ampyra I pay $25 monthly.

Comment

I get most of my meds from a local pharmacy. My Copaxone is Rx via the VA, so I get my Copaxone delivered by UPS in a insulated box.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

I hope I have a no-copay. Good for you guys.!!!! I wishI could meet most of you. I wanted to chat but that java script didn't work for me. BOO!

Thanks all

Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                  RRMS

Comment

Hi,
                    I have Betaseron delivered from Walgreens Specialty pharmacy. They call to schedule refills every month.

We're by no means rich, so qualify for copayment assistance, from Bayer. We basically pay nothing, until copayment is met, then hubby's insurance takes over.

Many of the drug co. should have this program available. Last time I remember seeing the actual cost of Beta. I think it's around $3500/month.

The copayment assistance program is a life saver. We could not afford that!

Take care,
                    Jody. Aka mac1ntosh
                    Jody - AKA Mac1ntosh

I love an Apple...computer that is!
                    DX'99 - Started Betaseron April '05 - Quit Betaseron Sept. '15
                    Started Gilenya Oct. '15

Comment

Thanks Macintos for your comment.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                      RRMS

Comment

Working...
                      X