Anemia of chronic disease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anemia of chronic disease

I was just diagnosed with anemia of chronic disease and told it is not treatable. I am not able to do any activity longer than 30 min, cannot go anywhere.

Does anyone live with this condition? I really need help figuring out how to live with this :/

I forgot to say I have confirmed MS and Fibromyalgia and just was taken off of Tecfidera after hospitalization with very low red blood cells, hemoglobin, and hematocrit.

Comment

Hi Sunshine: I have chronic anemia since two years ago when I had bone marrow failure on Rebif. My platelets have made somewhat of a recovery, but my WBCs have almost fully recovered now that I am on Ty. Its tough. Sometimes I get shortness of breath just walking to the kitchen from the living room (they are right next to each other), and when I go to the gym to workout with my trainer, I have to tell her when to stop because I am feeling too many PVCs in my heart rhythm. All signs of anemia. Nothing they can do about it they say. So I am in the same boat as you.

I sure hope you start feeling better. Don't push yourself too hard, its not good for your heart or your oxygenation.

Take care
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Hi Lisa: Thank you. I was on Tec for a year and my Lymph abs and white cells tanked. Since the white cells got back to normal - red cells are dropping.

I think I need to see a hematologist. I need a better understanding before I can research my herbs to see what makes sense to me. If I find anything that works for me, I'll let you know ok? I will double check Ty interaction first.

Take care
        Michele

Comment

Hi Sunshine, I was told I had anemia several months back and that I needed to see a gastro entomologist.

He told me to get some "Floravital iron" supplement. I found it on Amazon. The reviews are very positive overall. After about a week I could feel the difference in my energy level.

My hemoglobin went from 10 to 13.6 and my hemocrit went from 32 to 36. It's a liquid that allows it to be absorbed more easily. It is expensive, about $35 with shipping.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
          X