Diamond Here w/Probable MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond Here w/Probable MS

I just don't get it it. Could someone PLEASE help me out with this. Very fraustrated and confused. HELP!!!!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Hi Diamond57 and welcome to MSWorld.

Could someone PLEASE help me out with this. Very fraustrated and confused. HELP!!!!
    How can we help you?

Please feel free to ask questions.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I'm sorry my message was not consistant to my title. Please explain in your words what "Probable MS" is???? Do they begin to treat you with medicines. My Neuro is sending me to the Marshfield Clinic after my next appointment with him. Is it MS or not??? Nothing much online. My nerves are getting the best of me and I know stress is not good. I've been to two Neuro's and even when I have my million list of questions I don't feel I'm getting anywhere. That's where I am today. Just too exhausted to write anymore.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS

Comment

Diamond,

MS is diagnosed by a "ruling out" method, which means that after all other possibilities are ruled out, the MS diagnosis is given.

Hope this helps you
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Many thanks. Does a Dr. ever go on his own instincts to or is it that darn criteria??????

Diagnosed 6-28-14
          RRMS

Comment

Hi Diamond,

No wonder you are confused and frustrated

Please explain in your words what "Probable MS" is????
            Using terms like "probable" isn't very helpful.

Is it MS or not???
            Due to the term used, maybe it's MS, maybe it's not, but maybe you are getting close to a diagnosis. Sheesh!
            I know, back to frustration

Hang in there!
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

There ARE certain criteria to be met on each of the different tests specific for MS
              Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Hi Diamond,

"Probable MS" is not yet a definite MS diagnosis. It must be so frustrating for you. (Many of us have been there, so can relate.) Please try to hang in there, and I hope the new neurologist will be able to provide answers.

From the National MS Society:

Criteria for a diagnosis of MS

At this time, there are no symptoms, physical findings or laboratory tests that can — by themselves — determine if a person has MS. The doctor uses several strategies to determine if a person meets the MS diagnostic criteria. In order to make a diagnosis of MS, the physician must:

Find evidence of damage in at least two separate areas of the central nervous system (CNS), which includes the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves AND
                Find evidence that the damage occurred at two different points in time*AND
                Rule out all other possible diagnoses.

In 2001, the International Panel on the Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis updated the criteria to include specific guidelines for using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI),*cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) analysis, and*visual evoked potentials (EP) to speed the diagnostic process. These tests can be used to look for a second area of damage in a person who has experienced only one relapse (also called an attack or exacerbation)*of MS-like symptoms — referred to as a clinically-isolated syndrome (CIS). A person with CIS may or may not go on to develop MS. The criteria (now referred to as The Revised McDonald Criteria) were further revised in 2005 and again in 2010 to make the process even easier and more efficient.

You can read more here:
                http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym...agnosing-Tools

http://www.msfocus.org/diagnose-multiple-sclerosis.aspx

Best of luck ,
                Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thank you for the info and kind wishes.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                  RRMS

Comment

Working...
                  X