Marsburg Variant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marsburg Variant

Can anyone tell me about this or share some links? There is so little information, but my dad was told today this is most likely what he has.
    I just realized I misspelled my user name!

I am sorry your father possibly has the Marburg Variant.

It is a exceptionally very rare form of MS and I do not know anyone here that has it. Exceptionally rare.

The Neuros will be very aggressive in the treatment of your Father. So hold on darlin', you and your family might be in for a bumpy ride.

Good News, there are some drugs out there now that can help. I think you need to talk to your Dad or his Neuros and see what kind of treatment plan they are going to do.

I am hoping the best for your Father and family.

And this is a great place to vent, or cry, or ask for support. So, please come back and let us know how your Father and YOU are doing.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hello ms_daugher and welcome to MSWorld.

You are correct, there is very little information about Marburg's Disease as well as other MS variants.

MS variants, such as Marburg's disease, are typically more aggressive than "MS." These variants are rare and the reason it is difficult to find much information.

The best resource would be your Dad's Neurologist.

Take care and best wishes
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hugs to you and your father, ms_daugher~sad to learn of his illness. Cannot imagine what you all are going through. But good for you for advocating for him. How is HE doing with this news?

As hard as this is for your family, he may end up contributing in a way that helps doctors work even harder to find treatments. No one wants this stuff, even if it helps others, no one wants to go through this.

But know in the process, WE are here for you and your father.

WE will walk this journey along side you, if you want us to. I especially will add your father to my prayers and send him healing thoughts both psychologically and physically.

May you know many blessing~

Here's another HUG~!
        Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

In my prayers...

Originally posted by ms_daugher View Post
          Can anyone tell me about this or share some links? There is so little information, but my dad was told today this is most likely what he has.
          msdaugher - Can't even imagine what your dad and family are going through right now. As others have stated, your dad's neuro is the best source of information right now.

All the best,
          Bree

Comment

Thank you all very much. It's been a hard week. I guess I'll tell my story in the introduce yourself forum.

Comment

If you google tumeactive MS you will get a little information on Marsburg.
              It is rare, especially in men.

That said I am a 49 year old man that has been Dx with MS for 15+ years.
              Last summer a stroke like spell landed me in the hospital.
              After a pile of tests it is looking like I have developed tumeactive MS.
              From what I have read and experienced thus far... I don't recommend it.

Nice to see you support your dad. Hope you find the help you need.

Comment

Originally posted by tommylee View Post

Thank you for your help. So sorry for your diagnosis.

Comment

Originally posted by tommylee View Post

Tommylee

I am so sorry to hear this. I normally don't give out too many internet hugs but, (((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))!!!
                  Katie
                  "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                  "My MS is a Journey for One."
                  Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hi ms_daughters - I am also sorry to hear this news about your father and am sending my prayers for him. It's wonderful for him to have such a loving daughter advocating for him. Do you have other family members nearby?

I just caught your signature and noticed your mention of spelling your name wrong, so I went ahead and changed that for you. Now you can go and delete your signature !

Sending you lots of hugs!
                    And to you also Tommylee!

We are all here for you
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                    X