What causes tremors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What causes tremors?

In MS what causes the shakiness? I am not sure if this is actual tremors or just a shakiness especially in the morning. I tested my blood sugar ( I don't have diabetes ) and it was fine. Some days my b/s is low.

It seems like I get this way when I am weak or have this fluttery feeling in the middle of my chest (esophagus) (jury is still out on this), so it could be gastric. But I have read that a lot of us get tremors. This is not new for me. Just more and more aggravating. Totally fatigues me. Or maybe it's the fatigue, THEN the tremors. Chicken or egg?
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Marti: I am not sure if what you are describing are tremors or not. If you sometimes have low blood sugar, then it may just be that.

Tremors themselves come from the brain and in MS are from lesions in the brain.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/t...ail_tremor.htm

It is probably a good idea to check with your doc about these tremor feelings and see what he/she thinks about them.

Good luck!

Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

It seems like almost daily shakes. I know my blood sugar is usually ok. I even test it with my husbands diabetes test kit. It's almost like internal shakiness, but my hands shake a little. But I agree... I don't think this is typical tremors.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I am not officially diagnosed but...

I get the internal shakiness feeling usually at night. I can be really fatigued all day and when I go to bed I feel as though I just drank about three cups of coffee (which is a lot for me). At first I thought maybe sugar also but it even happens when all I have before bed is water. It is a weird feeling like not in the muscle, and not outright shaking, but more like an earthquake throughout my bones. (Sorry, I know that probably doesn't make sense but that is the best way I can think to describe it at the moment.) Does that sound familiar to you? anyone?

Comment

Working...
        X