Thanking my 22 year old self

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanking my 22 year old self

Way back, about 12 years ago, I was talked into a cancer and catastrophic illness insurance policy and several people told me I was crazy to pay for that, because cancer doesn't seem to run in my family. Autoimmune disorders are everywhere. I was just tracked down by the insurance agent to update my info and she reviewed other diagnoses that were also covered. MS was one of them, and since I took out the policy I was already covered. Now, I am still in limbo land and I hope to stay there. But should progression happen, I can get some assistance with financial issues.
    CIS DX 2013

Hi ms382012,

I too was fortunate regarding insurance.

After the passing of my long time girlfriend (32 years) in '05, when I was younger and a completely healthy 55 yo male... or so I thought.

Since I was now alone, Long term care insurance came to mind, remembering my love joking how she'd "... always take care of me!" I purchased a pretty good plan (hopefully), and even more hopefully will not need to implement it!

I was dx in spring of '08. Downhill since, but very slowly. At least she was spared having to put up with this baggage.

Others here @ MSW were not as fortunate, be forever grateful, limbo land or not!

Jer

Comment

Working...
    X