weight loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weight loss

has anyone with limited mobility figured out a way to loose weight not being able to do cardio exercising and all, maybe a supplement to help burn fat or something? i need to drop about 30 lbs because its just hurting me to stand up now! please help if you can

some more information

There is lots of choices out there.

The number of supplements that burns fat is none that I know of.

My greatest form of exercise is being in the water. If you use a ski belt and/or a pool noodle the balance issue is not usually an issue. Even just walking in the water/even in the shallow end can make a big difference. It may only be for 10 minutes the first time you go and take someone with you to help if it fatigues you a lot.

Many YMCA's offer scholarship programs. Some NMSS chapters offer a MS water class.

There is also modified yoga. Which is not cardio, but, can ultimately help with the 30 pounds by making it easier and/or helping to shed it.

Even doing things like keeping your abdominal muscles tight as much as possible can overall help you. Keep at it, it is possible.

I use alpha lipoic acid and acety-L- carnitine which helps me with fatigue, which ultimately helps me with being able to do more activities.
    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

thanks alot kelm10! im looking forward to trying one i signed up for through the ms society! hopefully it helps!

Comment

remember

Please remember that you may not be able to keep up with the rest of the class. You may be able to. But, you have to work at your level. If the instructor uses anything like noodles or styrophome bells for resistance, refrain from using them for the first few times until you get used to it. They really do make a difference and they will be to much for you at first.

(I have been teaching water workouts for almost 20 years)
        God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

I actually "failed" senior water aerobics. I was 39 years old in a class full of 80yrs+ and I its kind of funny now looking back..this tiny little lady said "oh honey, I think you should start out with the smallest weights"..Seriously though I hope to try it again, I need some type of weight belt because I kept falling over. Good luck with your weight loss goals

Comment

thanks for the tips!!!

Comment

weight loss

Hello,
              I have lost over 35 lbs not by exercising at all. I was limited on movement due to a bad flare. I have change my way to eat. I am not a big fan of diets, so Jorge Cruise "The 100" showed me how to get healthy/stay healthy and loss fat. I am very happy with results, ps. so is my hubby who has lost over 46 and is no longer dependent on insulin (used to take max 4 times a day), now none. Check it out! It may not be for you, but it works.

Comment

Originally posted by zeak View Post
                Hello,
                I have lost over 35 lbs not by exercising at all. I was limited on movement due to a bad flare. I have change my way to eat. I am not a big fan of diets, so Jorge Cruise "The 100" showed me how to get healthy/stay healthy and loss fat. I am very happy with results, ps. so is my hubby who has lost over 46 and is no longer dependent on insulin (used to take max 4 times a day), now none. Check it out! It may not be for you, but it works.

thanks zeak!

Comment

Working...
                X