Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st local MS meeting & is this insensitive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st local MS meeting & is this insensitive?

So, since I'm feeling better I updated stuff in the CP and I went to Registered Member so ya.

I am male, 28 y/o

Meeting Self-intro

OK, so I've always used humour in dealing with lots of this disease (the hysterical laughter at the slightest thing is fun, is that PBA?)
    One person said it would be kind of like AA, brief self-intro each meeting. I have a few jokes I want to use, and no, I have never been to AA haha
    • Since I've needed a cane, whenever I'm out people always hold the door open for me. I feel like such a pretty girl!
    • My Dance Dance Revolution career is ruined!!!!

I have a few more but they're meh. Those are my fave. At least I think I'm funny. Age difference.... oh well.

Signature

I just did it, I think its funny (and its all true) but does anyone find it problematic? I don't mean to discount anything/one. I think its funny, as well as my avatar (no GIFs! )

Let me know guys! Thanks.
    AND YES I FIND MY TEENAGE GIRL SIGNATURE ABSOLOUTLEY HILARIOUS!!
    you can tell i can't do much except computer for like a year and even that's tough

And here, I made this GIF animation last August when I realized I wouldn't just... get better. I too have my ups and downs. I'm just as affected as everyone else.
    So, maybe you might enjoy this:

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**
    Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
    Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

I think it's fine! Good to have a sense of humour in the face of this crappy disease.

Comment

Amen misslux... The Bible tells us "a merry heart doeth good like medicine." Humor/laughter is great medicine.

Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

Thanks guys! Making light of it all really helps me. Like when i just feel so isolated and hopeless anything to make me smile really does help. I do struggle with depression and anxiety.

Like when I got blood tests they tested everything. About 15 tubes!

So when my neuro told me I'm all clear and -JCV I can start Tysabri I made sure to ask about HIV, it was also one of the tests. Response 'Yes, all clear'

I want -HIV on a plaque to hang on my wall! Hahaaaa

Comment

My SO and I joke about my MS all the time.

Me: Yeah I'd help you shovel snow, but you know... MS.

Him: Lucky!

Ha!

Comment

I just ain't there....yet! Working on it.

Enjoying your humor and others around here, it sure helps, plenty! fed

Comment

@misslux: hubs and I joke all the time about MS. His favorite line..."I forgot my keys because my wife has MS." Cracks me up every time.

Chowda, I laugh about it and it definitely helps, so I say go for it.

Comment

msesq: LMAO! That is hilarious!

Comment

OT was over for the first time today. Very informative and a lot of possibilities are open.

i used my cane/pretty girl joke and she genuinely cracked up. My mom also said she said it to coworkers at the the pharmacy a few weeks ago and they also chuckle

The ball is really rolling. OT to figure out what I need, first meds Feb 24. couldve been this coming monday but i have appts all next week including the MS society meeting.

good feelings guys

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Working...
                    X