Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LESIONS?

I went to an MS educational dinner 2 night ago and the nuero said

"lesions come and go for no reason and some of them mean absolutely nothing".

My nuero says that every lesion means something. Not always having to do with MS. Sometimes it's trauma, migraines, stroke etc.....

Just wondering if anyone has any info on this subject. I am so very curious.
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

Originally posted by mercadies25 View Post
    I went to an MS educational dinner 2 night ago and the nuero said

"lesions come and go for no reason and some of them mean absolutely nothing".

My nuero says that every lesion means something. Not always having to do with MS. Sometimes it's trauma, migraines, stroke etc.....

Just wondering if anyone has any info on this subject. I am so very curious.
    I'm not sure about the "every lesion means something" statement. You can have lots of symptoms with few or even only one lesion (interesting read is at Wheelchair Kamikaze's site..side bar The Misdiagnosis of MS) ...or have lots of lesions and very few symptoms.

As far as lesions coming and going...I've posted this many times because it fascinates me. A 12 month time lapse MRI (he had 24 MRIs in a 12 month period...wow) of a man with RRMS who experienced no flares in that year, but you'll see from the time lapse MRI, his lesions were coming and going the entire time.

http://www.msdiscovery.org/news/news...more-meets-eye

Comment

Working...
    X