Finding local support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding local support

As of next week, I will be unemployed...again I am wondering if there is any local support in my area. Does every city have an MS Society? I don't know where else to turn, I need some emotional support. I will be losing my insurance the end of February.

Amy
    We have all been there.

I quit a lucrative profession and literally went out on my own.

It always helped me to take stock of what I have; not what I no longer have.

The bigger cities have MS societies. Little places like where I live have coffee shops. Find friends and keep your online friends here up to date on how you are doing.

J
    Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

I have a lot to be thankful for, I know that.
      I am just overwhelmed right now getting the kids ready for school, let alone worrying about how I am going to pay rent.

I am going to take my time off as a blessing and start eating better, I can rest when I need too and enjoying my family. I can also re-evaluate my strengths and weaknesses and see what I could possibly do as employment. Its hard to know with ever changing symptoms...but you all know that

Comment

Hi amy~ I'm sorry you are feeling overwhelmed and remember what it was like to have school age kids and trying to maintain. You have a good attitude about trying to assess what works and what doesn't. Eating healthier is a good start and reassessing your employment options, however challenging that may be, is a healthy start too.

If you need some emotional support, you know you have us here. However, nothing is better though than face to face time with friends and family. If you are wondering about an MS support system in your area, you don't necessarily have to live in a big city. Follow this link to a MS support group in your area http://www.nationalmssociety.org/fin...ter/index.aspx

I live 30 miles from a smaller town and found a group that has offered friendship and support and fun! I hope this will help you too~

Good luck to you and keep your spirits (and chin) up.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X