Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for some peace

HI

JUST ONE QUESTION.....HOW DO YOU LIVE WITH A NORMAL LIFE HAVING THIS HORRIBLE DISEASE?

It can be hard. Have you checked in to seeing a therapist? Peace is such an individual thing to find. You have to learn to live with the disease, not let it run you. It takes a while to come to this conclusion or to be able to do this. I sure wish you peace. Like I said, try to find a therapist to work through this stage you are in.

Hoping things get better for you very soon!

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I'm not sure we can have a "normal" life with MS. MS itself is not normal. Guess we just do the best we can. Take what help is offered and try to educate our families and friends about this disease.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

There is no "normal" life with MS. However, you CAN attain peace IF you put the work into it. Things won't change until you change things. So I am also urging you to get yourself into face to face therapy with a mental health professional so you can learn to speak up for yourself and start making active changes. That won't happen by itself. You have to MAKE it happen, and every day is a new opportunity to do it.

Comment

The life I have is "normal", or that's what I tell myself. Disease is normal. Feeling disappointed and regretful is normal. It's not the life I'd dreamed of, but dreams rarely come true anyway.

It's not what any of us were expecting, or wanting, but there is nothing you can do about it. MS is not going away anytime soon, so get help wherever you can find it.

You only get one life, and this is the one you've got. You can only do the best you can.

Comment

Choose
            Having
            A
            New
            Growth
            Experience!
            "Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." ~~Rumi

Comment

thank you

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE RESPONSES....IT REALLY HELPED ME A LOT

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
                The life I have is "normal", or that's what I tell myself. Disease is normal. Feeling disappointed and regretful is normal. It's not the life I'd dreamed of, but dreams rarely come true anyway.

It's not what any of us were expecting, or wanting, but there is nothing you can do about it. MS is not going away anytime soon, so get help wherever you can find it.

You only get one life, and this is the one you've got. You can only do the best you can.
                Very true.
                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                Anonymous

Comment

Remember you are not alone. There are folks that understand the difficulties of MS you are dealing with. There is a lot of creative coping skills to learn here in dealing with their ever changing norms.
                  Peace be with you.
                  Deb

Comment

Working...
                  X