Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBS Evening News MS/Stem Cells

Hi,
    Did anyone see this on the news tonight? I'm tying to find the video on their website but am not having any luck.

It sounds interesting in that the goal is to repair damage by using our own stem cells.

I would love to hear anyone's thoughts and see a link to the story if you have one.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

I did not, but you may be talking about the first link below:

Belgian scientists repair bones with new stem cell technique. January 15, 2014
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/belgian-...ell-technique/

Medical Board Suspends Oregon Doctor For Stem Cell Treatments. January 10, 2014
    http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/...ll-treatments/

Can Our Own Stem Cells Save Us? Jan 7, 2014
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/column...cells-cure-us/

Stem Cell Fraud: A 60 Minutes investigation. Jan. 8, 2012
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minut...em-cell-fraud/

Treating MS Symptoms With Stem Cells. February 10, 2009
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/treating...th-stem-cells/

Comment

Its about the Tisch trial.

Comment

The segment is a very basic news story. It gives a minimal overview of what MS is and highlights that the Tisch MS center is beginning a stem cell trial. It introduces a woman who is one of the 20 test subjects and says that CBS News will follow the story over the years it will take to finish up all phases of the trial. All in all, the story is exposure for MS and MS research, but it doesn't really say anything.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/ground...r-ms-patients/

Comment

German Resource Page- fully translated to English

http://livecelltreatment.com/

I met with a physician from Germany who runs an infusion clinic. He recommended this site, which is the translation of over 30,000 articles about live cell treatments conducted in Germany and the rest of the EU.

its too hard to make decisions with information scarcity. Read everything, question everything.. better decisions come from information overload....

Happy Reading!

Comment

There was a very good program on a daytime talk show with Meredith Vieira and her husband Richard Cohen having this treatment, about the cells being taken from the sternum and injected intot the same patient:

Dr Oz: Multiple Sclerosis Treatment Options

Meredith Vieira and her husband Richard Cohen are one of America’s most beloved couples and they have struggled with Richard’s multiple sclerosis for many years, but could there finally be hope? For the first time in 27 years the couple is putting their faith in a groundbreaking new treatment that could literally save Richard’s life and they sat down to talk about it with Dr. Oz.
            Dr Oz: What is Multiple Sclerosis?

Dr Oz: Multiple Sclerosis Stem Cell Treatment & Meredith Vieira

Dr Oz talked with Meredith Vieira and her husband Richard Cohen to discuss the groundbreaking procedure to treat multiple sclerosis.

Multiple sclerosis is a mysterious neurological disorder that not only affects Richard, but his entire family as well. Until now, MS has been considered incurable, but a stem cell treatment could reverse the damage it has caused in Richard’s family and give his family hope for the future. Meredith Vieira says she tries not to get too excited about the stem cell treatment, but she also admits if Richard stays where he is right now it would still be considered a success since MS is a progressive disease.

Richard also struggles with allowing himself to consider the possibilities the stem cell treatment could offer, but he tries to remain optimistic after living with MS for over 40 years and always being told there was no hope. He says his ultimate dream would be to walk without a cane and regain his eyesight, but even small success would be life-changing.
            Dr Oz: Groundbreaking Multiple Sclerosis Stem Cell Treatment

Dr. Saud Sadiq says Richard Cohen is a great patient because he is cynical and practical. He has little expectations where his stem cell treatment is concerned. Dr. Sadiq says the treatment is experimental at this point, but he is hopeful it can make a difference for Richard by repairing some of the damage caused by his multiple sclerosis. If they see improvement in either Richard’s ability to walk or with his vision, Dr. Sadiq says he will be delighted.

Dr. Saud Sadiq explains that he pulled bone marrow out of Richard’s sternum and is now going through the process of changing the cells into nerve stem cells that can be injected into Richard’s spinal fluid at a later date.
            Dr Oz: Richard Cohen’s Blog

Richard Cohen says that while we have all heard of stem cell treatment, most of us consider something far off into the future. He also admits that he had given up on conventional medicine for his MS and even stopped seeing his neurologist. It was after talking to Dr. Sadiq that he began to believe stem cell treatment could work for patients with multiple sclerosis. He then made the decision to start his own blog as way of documenting the process, not only for others but also for himself.
            Dr Oz: Meredith Vieira Turns 60!

Meredith Vieira says she has never hidden her age and even looks forward to turning 60 and doing some things she has always wanted to do. She is also looking forward to having grandchildren someday, even though none of her children are married yet. Dr. Oz challenged to her to something he calls “The Golden Girl Game”, to reveal some common issues women face when they get older.

Unwanted facial hair
            Turkey neck
            Age spots
            Leaky bladder

Comment

Originally posted by MSer102 View Post
              The segment is a very basic news story. It gives a minimal overview of what MS is and highlights that the Tisch MS center is beginning a stem cell trial. It introduces a woman who is one of the 20 test subjects and says that CBS News will follow the story over the years it will take to finish up all phases of the trial. All in all, the story is exposure for MS and MS research, but it doesn't really say anything.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/ground...r-ms-patients/
              Yes, this it! and while it is very basic and early at least it isn't yet another mouse study.

Thanks to everyone who posted.
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              Anonymous

Comment

There was a woman at my local MS group the other night that knows two patients (with MS) that are in the Cleveland Clinic trial. This is one where they take the stem cells from the hip. She said one is benefiting from the treatment while the other doesn't seem to be.

Comment

I missed the story on the CBS Evening News program. The Tisch MS center has been developing a list of prospects from their own patients. I find it interesting that CBS is on West 57th St and the Tisch MS center is on the same street in NYC, I think. The correspondent did not have to go very far to do the story. I saw a story on TV about Meredith Viera's husband, Richard Cohen, getting into the clinical trial at the Tisch center. The principal investigator is Dr. Saud Sadiq. I have been following stem cell replacement therapy for many years. I hope that this program shows great safety and efficacy. Good luck to all

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                    I have been following stem cell replacement therapy for many years. I hope that this program shows great safety and efficacy. Good luck to all
                    Me too! After so many years of nothing more than marginal band-aids I think we are ready and deserve something more.
                    Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                      CBS is on West 57th St and the Tisch MS center is on the same street in NYC, I think.
                      Directly across W.57th St. to be precise I know this because Saud Sadiq is my neuro. The link between Sadiq and Richard Cohen had nothing to do with this proximity. It had to do with another, they ran into each other at the Vatican meeting on adult stem cell use. Sadiq and Meredith Vieira were speakers.

Richard Cohen's (and I'm assuming others') stem cells have been harvested and are in the process of being morphed into nerve cells. THe reintroduction is scheduled for early next month.

If you would like to read more about the study, and other Tisch Center research you can go here: http://tischms.org/news/stem-cell-tr...-and-dr-harris

Kyle
                      At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

Thanks Kyle!
                        Anonymous

Comment

Thanks for the additional information, Kyle. I certainly hope the trial is a success for Richard Cohen. He has suffered with this horrible disease for far too long, and I would like to see some positive results. I guess time will tell....

Comment

Working...
                          X