Continuing Aquatic Therapy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuing Aquatic Therapy?

Hello everyone, my name is Hannah, and my mother has MS. I am new here so I thought maybe I'd start here to hopefully get some feedback from other people. I have started a fundraiser for my mother to surprise her (hopefully) with the opportunity to take aquatic therapy sessions again, as they were really very beneficial to her once before but no longer covered by insurance. I just wanted to see if anyone knew of any good ideas on where I could possibly go (discussions, groups, blogs, etc) to post a fund I just started for my mom . I appreciate any feedback anyone has as I'm just sort of at a loss as to the best way to go about this. I don't wish to post the fund site anywhere it would be taken offensively. Thanks, -Hannah

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. **

I'm not familiar with the various types of funding they provide, but you should check with your local chapter of the National MS Society. They do provide financial assistance to MS'r in need. It may be a good place to start, even if the aquatic therapy is not one of their covered fundering services, they may have suggestions for you.

You are a princess, (aka a daughter) for taking such interest in your mother's, (the queen) care.

Comment

Hi Hannah,

Aquatic therapy is one of the best gifts you can give your mom! While researching home therapy equipment, I have come across some very pricey equipment. Some that come to mind are found at Restorative-Therapy dot com. Maybe one of their suggestions for funding will help you?

Best of luck!
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

The MSAA may be able to help you. They don't have a program for aquatic therapy now but, if you approach them with your idea, they may be interested.

They sponsor Swim for MS so they like swimming.

Which reminds me, I need to renew my pool membership. Getting in the water is heaven. You go, girl! You're doing great.

Comment

Working...
        X