insomina?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insomina?

Does anyone else have insomnia here? mine is terrible, some nights arent as bad as others.
    My doc did start me on some kind of medicne i didnt try yet for tiredness, so I am hoping that it helps.

Sleep issues unfortunately are common with MS patients.

I go through insomniac periods as well. I guess I've gotten used to them. We did try ambien but that would make me want to sleep for 2 days.

Sometimes I have found soft music will help, avoid stimulation before bedtime (as I'm writing this at 11:53 pm my time and a computer is not stimulation??), even some light exercise might help before bed.

I wish you the best of luck with this. I would suggest to continue to work with your dr, and I'm sure our wonderful members here will have more helpful suggestions.

Comment

Insomnia is awful! Can you work out why it is worse some nights than others? What do you do, or is happening, that is different on the nights when you can sleep?

Hate to say it, but if nothing else works, drug up. I know if you're on them too long you get addicted, and you need a higher dose, and your liver basically cries, "Mercy!", and it's not real sleep.

However, at least you're not conscious, climbing the walls all night. And I know a 90 year old lady, who's been on sleeping tablets for 65 years. She's fine. Yes, yes, the exception doesn't prove the rule.

Non-druggy thing that usually works for me is "Loving Kindness" guided meditation. It's free in podcasts in iTunes. I'm no Buddhist, but she has a very, very, verrry, soothing voice. And she gets you breathing deeply, eyes closed, snuggled up, lights off.

Just don't go for Part 2, which is the one where you have to send "well wishes" to "a person with whom you may have trouble".

You'll never sleep again.

Comment

I quit sleeping somewhere around 1989. I tried every remedy known to man including supplements, voodoo, sound machines, vitamins, Melatonin, oils, anything anyone recommended! Some things worked once or for a short time or somewhat.

Insomnia is torture! I finally gave into the meds and I'm sticking with them. I use Ambien sometimes. Other times I use Klonapin. Klonapin has added pain relief (to a degree). I honestly believe that those of us with autoimmune disease have insomnia as a built-in symptom and it's very hard to control.
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

hi, have your neuros recommended any drugs for sleeping issues?

I've tried hydroxizine and at first even 5mg let me get ten hrs of lovely sleep, but now even with 10mg I wake up about six times during the night and have troubles getting back to sleep
          But I won't cry for yesterday, there's an ordinary world,
          Somehow I have to find.
          And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world,
          I will learn to survive.

Comment

I've used several different drugs to help me sleep. It is torture when you can't. Right now I'm taking a half dose of Klonapin... works great for me.
            Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
            X