Want permission to "be sick" -vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want permission to "be sick" -vent

I've felt really crummy the last couple of days partially due to a last-ditch effort to treat an eye problem (which failed miserably). Right now, I'm at the "want to go to bed, pull up the covers, and cry stage." Or at least admit to someone I know how crummy I feel. I still look "normal," so "I feel horrendous" doesn't bring up any response. Usually it just gets ignored.

I realize trying to get someone to "get it" is pointless. Any suggestions for cheering me up?

I usually find it best to curl up, get the cry out, and then do something that makes me feel better. I usually have a flavored hot tea instead of black/green tea, take out my journal I keep of quotes, read them and then try to think about the things I am grateful for. It works for me, but sometimes it doesn't and I try to find uplifting movie or good comedy or sit outside and take some fresh air I'm (even if cold) and watch nature a bit. If these approaches fail, I let myself watch sad movies, cry, and get it all out. I set a the limit though and then stop. Usually it is no more than that afternoon or I find it too hard too pull out of.

I started a gratitude journal at someone suggestion. That helps me focus on all the good in my life when feeling like crap. So even when family or friends don't get it because I look so good, I can read about
    them and all the good they bring into my life.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X