Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So.......much.......PAIN......what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So.......much.......PAIN......what is it?

Hi everyone,

Lately, I have been experiencing so much pain in my legs. Primarily behind my left knee and on the front of both thighs. Just excruciating pain to the point that I can't sleep at all and have to constantly move my legs to get any relief.

I take 20 mg baclofen 2x daily. I just don't know what to do. I can't live this way
    Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
    RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

I don't know what is causing your pain but that is a small baclofen dose.

J
    Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

First of all, I am so sorry for ALL you are enduring..enough!!

Baclofen is not a pain reliever, but a muscle relaxer. Have you called your neuro and asked what to do?

For me, I had both spasticity in legs/back and spinal stenosis, both producing spasms that are painful. I used RX Diclofenac, an anti inflammatory WITH the Baclofen and it seemed to help me.

Again, I would seek out your neuro first, or your primary to make sure they know the source of your pain. Not everything is MS, but if it is, then they also know some other resources.

Just be careful if you are given Opiates as they have the potential of becoming addictive unless only used for short periods. Anti seizure meds, some Psychotropics and Anti inflammatory (NSAIDS) are helpful, though not as strong as an Opiate.

While you find out, have you tried ICE? Or those creams for pain OTC? Just until you get the big guns for relief I mean.

Gentle Hugs, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

n/a

lyrica has helped with my muscle pain in my legs tremendously!!! i had the front of thigh pain and all!!! ask your doc for it!!!

Comment

Hi alliesmommy,

There are a few different pain syndromes associated with MS, it's not always from spasticity. It wasn't too long ago pain wasn't even a recognized symptom of MS. I still cringe when an older medical professional will say something to the effect of "at least there's no pain with MS" to me.

Here's a link to the National MS Society about pain in MS, and some of the treatments used for it.: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ain/index.aspx

I hope your doctors can determine the cause and effectively treat your pain. It's a miserable thing to live with.

Best wishes ,
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
          X