New Normal Ha Ha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Normal Ha Ha

I try whith all that I have to try this theory.

I watch people in wheelchairs, cains and assisted devises.
    That are so much worse off than I am and I think how? How do they do it.

I spent about 10 min. watching a lady roll to her car, barely scooting into the car while someone with her puts the groceries in the car and put up the wheelchair.

How do you become that dependant on someone? How do you let go? How as an adult do you have someone change your diaper? etc.......How do you come to terms with that?

Keep on trying just don't get it.
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

It is an individual thing, and most often not a voluntary thing either. Most of us wake up one day and BAM, we can't move a leg and an arm, can't swallow, and talk well. Some people wake up and can't move their legs, sometimes it happens right in the middle of the day BAM! You never know. So the fact that you don't have a few minutes to get ready for it is helpful at least for those of us with RRMS or to a lesser extent SPMS.

You just do whatever comes next because you have no choice. I went from walking one day to being on a walker and scooter the next all due to a large pontine lesion (brainstem) I was dizzy, I couldn't talk right, couldn't swallow, felt nauseous, couldn't walk without assistance, or at all for a distance. It is still with me. I still don't worry about the symptoms, they are mine and are here to stay. I am SPMS now. I love my scooter.

However, I have had the disease for 10 years, so I have had a few years to make friends with my disease. You will get there. You can still fight it, but at the end of the day, its still going home with you, so best not make it your arch enemy or you will be fighting yourself. You are not giving in, just dealing with things as they are. Let the fear go. You have a degenerative disease, of course you may end up in a wheelchair, then maybe you will not. No need to worry about it as that will not change your chances.

I certainly hope things get better for you. We are always here for you.

Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I think Lisa summed it up nicely with these two sentences:

It is an individual thing, and most often not a voluntary thing either.
      You just do whatever comes next because you have no choice.

Comment

exactly

I agree with Lisa, go with the flow. Fight the fight, but accept what I can't change with dignity.

Comment

Working...
        X