Difference between PPMS and SPMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by football-mom View Post
    Don't despair. When I get relapses I tend to get worse for several more weeks before I start to get better.
    I want to understand what you mean, but I'm assuming a relapse includes a beginning and end. Only a very severe stabbing pain in my chest happened at the very beginning for a week and went away thankfully

I've even read posts saying 'when my relapse goes away, sometimes i forget ive even got ms'
    I wish things would get like that
    Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
    Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

A beginning and an end to a relapse are not always such defined events, rather you can gradually become aware of it over time. Sometimes they are quite defined and sometimes not.

Comment

Originally posted by Chowda View Post
        I read that PPMS is usually around like 50 as well. I've only had symptoms for 8 months now, was dx'd (that means diagnosed right?) a month ago.
        I really don't think you have PPMS, but just to clarify, onset of my initial symptoms was when I was about 35 (maybe even a year earlier). So not just those around 50!

Comment

Thank you misslux
          You always respond with good input that really helps me. I think regardless of my ms type diagnosis when I can send PMs expect one from me on diet tips haha

You seem like you have a wealth of knowledge on all this stuff, so thanks
          Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
          Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

Working...
          X