Really bad leg spasticity helped greatly with Valium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really bad leg spasticity helped greatly with Valium

My right leg was so stiff that my p.t. and my helper could not get it to bend. I was not able to use my electric peddler, even. My neuro prescribed Valium as a muscle relaxer, and after one week, my right leg bends easily, I can all with my walker with my p.t., my blood pressure is back to normal as well. I don't feel lethargic. Two days ago, I went out in my power chair to Whole Foods and to the pharmacy for my meds and to get a flu shot. I get at least a half hour of sun daily here in S.F. Moving away from MI was a blessing. I got CKD from thinking that the urine I was passing was normal,and I wore Depends, but it was overflow, damaging my kidneys. M.S. is very tricky, mean.

Goldengater: Thanks for mentioning this. I have valium for dizziness, but haven't taken it for a while because my Tysabri has been doing a good job keeping my dizziness at bay. My spasticity on the other hand in my legs is quite awful despite being on a hefty dose of baclofen. I think I will ask my neuro about trying the Valium for spasticity.

Thanks
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

22Cyclist:

I take Baclofen as well. The maximum dosage daily, but still, my right leg was so stiff until I reluctantly tried the Valium my neuro prescribed. I could not get out of the bath tub because of the right leg's total stiffness and had to call Lifeline for the fire dept. to get me out, as it was beyond my caregiver's strength. I was so embarrassed. Now my right leg bends well with the Valium, and I am not "spaced out" and lethargic. The neuro said it was, in my case, a muscle relaxer that was more effective when taken with Baclofen. Hope it helps you too.

Comment

Working...
      X