A JUST ANOTHER QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A JUST ANOTHER QUESTION

HI....I WAS JUST WONDERING FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS I REALLY WANT TO IS IS SCRATCH IS THAT NORMAL FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE MS?

Hi diguilio,

Itching can be from MS. It's yet another abnormal sensation that is neurologic in origin and falls into the category of dysesthesias. It was one of my earliest symptoms.

Here's a link to the NMSS where it is explained, along with medications used to treat it:
    http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ing/index.aspx

Hope this info helps!
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

thank you

JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK FOR THE INFORMATION

Comment

Funny you post this I have often wondered about my itching. I have a spot on my upper buttocks that will drive me mad with an itch I can't relieve.

I had several back surgeries with severe nerve damage so this area is numb among others so I have always thought this was why I itched there.

My problem is I don't feel there and as you probably know its an itch that can't be relieved. I am scared there cause I itch it til it bleeds and becomes just an open wound and still I get no relief. It's truly maddening.......

I have never thought it could be cause from my ms so I will be asking my Dr. on my next visit. I have heard of creams for it but I have never tried anything.

Good luck and try not to let it make you insane lol.

Thank you for sharing
        Tira

Comment

Itching

I just posted in another itching thread. I have been suffering for several months now with itching. My dermatologist told me to use Cetaphil cream all over, gave me a script for Clobetasol and for hydroxyzine. It is DEFINITELY worse at night and in the AM upon waking. I am going to talk to a neuro about it ASAP and maybe try the gabapentin or one of the other drugs that might help. Good luck to all my fellow itchy people.

Comment

Working...
          X