Things NOT to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things NOT to do...

Yes, as every parent has said to a child at some point, don't touch that automatic glass door or you'll get your fingers squashed.
    How right they are. I was momentarily clinging to the side of the at-that-point open door, when the door did what it is meant to and basically shut on my fingers.
    Ow. And it's my good hand. Never mind.
    Other useful tips your mother told you: if you have to go, go now, don't wait until there's no bathroom in sight; watch where you're going; don't leave things on the floor or you'll trip over etc, etc.
    Happy New Year.

That whole thing about smashing your finger sounds painful. I hope the injury isn't serious and everything heals up quickly.

Happy New Year to you and your ouchies too.

Comment

Happy New Year to you too Think! I hope this year is better for you than the past few months have been for you. And I hope your new DMD kicks in real soon.

Fingers will heal.
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

It's rough when ms takes my brain

I understand what u r saying. I have a manual wheelchair for the house. I've gotten too good at figuring out how to "push" my chair and me away from the woodwork when I get too close.

I was driving my car the other day and got too close to a post. So I stuck out my hand to push my car over. It sounds weird, but it's the truth.

Then I realized, duh, I can't push my car away from a pole.

It's good that I very seldom get into the car.

Comment

I can relate to what you were saying. I could write a book on things I should not have done or attempted to do and got into trouble because of it.

I have tipped over countless times, I have been in the ditch, I have been stuck in a variety of places (and in a variety of things like mud and snow to name a few), I even tipped over in my driveway once. I guess the day that I stop getting myself into trouble is the day that I no longer wish to keep going!
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
          X