• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"So, give it to me straight Doc..."

"...is 'more the 50' lesions (brain) a lot??"
    Seattle, WA
    Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
    Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

What was the doc's answer? fed

Comment

Location is everything. If they're all on the part of the brain responsible for calculating a 20% tip, then you will be fine except in certain social situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Fed Up View Post
        What was the doc's answer? fed
        Won't know until I she her next on 1/27.

I was able to get an early look last week of the results of my MRI from a couple of weeks ago. It said there were "more than 50 T2 hyperintensities within the subcortical, deep and periventricular white matter". Dec 2012's MRI said there were "20 to 30".
        Seattle, WA
        Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
        Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

Quite a few people seem to get MRI reports stating that there are too many lesions to count, if that's any comfort.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

The MRI report for my first MRIs before I was dx, said the number of lesions was 'too many to count'.

That was about 12yrs ago, at the time it was thought that counting more than 25? or so brain lesions probably didn't add much useful info to diagnosis.

25+ brain lesions is an indicator that disease onset was probably not recent, that high number of leasions (lesion load) probably developed over time, probably the result of more than a single exacerbation/'attack'.

There is also a chance some of the lesions could be counted twice, based on the technology and the 'slices' nature of the imaging.

Most important, counting each lesion is probably not the most cost effective use of the radiologist's time.

Based on my experience, the cululative effect of high lesion load in the brain equates to lots of sensory sx's and the memory of a dust bunny.

Good luck with your appointment and hope your doc answers all your questions.

Comment

Working...
            X