Living Life Normally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living Life Normally!

I just wanted to share a few things with my MSWorld Family to give you all some positive news in the world of bad we have to endure.

Firstly, I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season. Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Yule, Christmas, etc. All of the holidays. I hope your symptoms relax, the MS gives you a break, and you get to enjoy your holidays.

Secondly, I'd like to give you all my good news too. It's so hard to live life normally with M.S. We all know that it can have a negative impact on friendships, family, and all kinds of relationships. Sometimes we all get down and wish our lives were more "normal" than the new normal we've had to create. For once, I feel "normal". A stage of life I thought wasn't going to happen for me, even though my longtime boyfriend (almost 7 years now) and I have been through all of this together.

One week ago as of tomorrow (Thanksgiving) will be a week since he proposed to me. I'm happy beyond belief! We've held off telling anyone until we get to tell his Aunt. she is a wonderful lady who lost her son, Brad, back in March and her health is deteriorating fast. So instead of sharing our joyous news with everyone, we decided to wait until we see her tomorrow and tell her first. We want to give her the joy she hasn't been able to have in so long. My fiance is like her second son, so this news will brighten her holidays.

We can live "normal" lives sometimes. Even if it's just for a while. We can share our happiness with others. We can hold back to give happiness to someone else. We are strong, all of us, and we defeat MonSters every day that others never thought of. Think positively, and I hope that all of you can feel the joy I feel. Feel free to share things you are happy about this holiday season, or things you are thankful for with us. The positive makes it so much easier to handle the negative in our lives.

Blessings on all of you!
    -Amber-
    Dx RR MS - April 1st, 2010. (19 yrs old)
    Words To Live By: "Fall Seven Times; Stand Up Eight."

Congratulations!

Comment

Great news a.nuken!! Your words just bubbled to life here with your positivity! It's so wonderful hearing good news. Thank you for sharing this with us and congratulations.

I imagine it's going to be a happy celebration around your family's Thanksgiving table.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Huge congrats! Be sure to tell us how it goes with your aunt.
          Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Congratulations! You made us happy sharing your joy!
            J
            Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

What exciting news and what wonderfully planned holiday!

Very excited for you both. jpt

Comment

Cat Mom

Finally had time post-holidays to pop back on and update on what happened with our Aunt. Firstly thank you all, my love and I appreciate your well wishes and it truly was a wonderful holiday season. My brother in law is back home from his deployment to Africa, I have another niece or nephew on the way apparently (sister is pregnant) and everything is going well.

Now on to the Proposal in front of the beloved Aunt:

We took her back to her room after we surprised her (she was freaking out, and soooo happy). In her room we sat her down and explained that we had something we wanted to ask her. We explained she was VERY important to us and....
                We would like her blessing. At that point my darling fiance dropped to one knee in front of her and I, and asked me to marry him. I of course said yes, we kissed, and she started crying. She was beyond happy. She made it very clear that he was her second son, and she can't believe she got to experience this. She gave us her blessing and thanked us over and over for giving her that gift. I was bawling with her. I can't believe how much it meant to her! I knew it would have an impact, but not nearly so much!

Her joy was.... beyond wonderful. To be able to brighten her holidays that much.... it touched my heart and I felt so privileged to be able to affect her that way. We spent the day with her and there was so much fun. She apparently keeps looking back on it whenever she is feeling down and it makes her feel better.

Just remember the joy my friends. Remember that everything you do can have a greater impact than you thought. Smile... take the time to breath. Enjoy every day as your last, because tomorrow you could always be squashed by an elephant. ^_^
                Dx RR MS - April 1st, 2010. (19 yrs old)
                Words To Live By: "Fall Seven Times; Stand Up Eight."

Comment

And you, my dear, have made an impact on us all with your wonderful story! Many blessings to you on your engagement.

And thanks for the reminder in case we happen to cross paths with an elephant! lol
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                  X