Help extreme fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help extreme fatigue

Hi, I am newly diagnosed with MS, in fact have not started meds (Copaxone) yet. I just had the freakiest experience ever a few days ago and it has me scared. I have been experiencing fatigue, surely a symptom, but also was really weakened from the attack, week in hospital, tests and treatments. So anyway, I was driving and all of a sudden this bout of fatigue hit me. I felt as if I was having an out of body experience, like literally I could not focus on the road, drive in a straight line, nor over 20 mph--which is a good thing if I was going to crash! I was able to pull over safely, take a Xanax to calm down (I know not great for fatigue, but I was freaking out), and then sit in my car for over an hour before I could drive again. What the heck is this? Any solutions? I know there are meds to combat fatigue but I am hesitant to take them as I am only 6 weeks post steroids--and am hoping some symptoms may improve. I also would prefer not to mask symptoms (don't ask me about my pain problem) as I really want to get a sense of how my body is healing and what my new norm may be. BUT, obviously I need to do something to stay safe and drive. I live in LA!!

Thanks for listening. It helps to share b/c at this point I am super paranoid to drive. I have driven again, but am calling a cab to get to my doc appt tomorrow. And just a thought, any supplements out there to help? I have had blood tests done to check Vit D, but no results yet.

Best wishes to all, Kelly

I think the solution lies in antidepressant drugs and not in fatigue drugs. Ask your neuro. I was about to fall exhausted everyday and did not wanted drugs.

Now I take cymbalta and I am a different person, much much alert than the person with no drugs attitude.

Also are you sleeping 8 hours a night? Can you do it or have spams? Tell your neuro.

To me fatigue drugs never worked.

Comment

I have has a similar experience on more than one occasion. I get so overwhelmed with fatigue, it comes on suddenly, and I will close my eyes while driving. I am very scared I may wreck too. I hope you figure out what is going on with you, stay safe.

Comment

Working...
      X