Time Between Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Between Attacks

I was just wondering how quickly some of you folks have had two separate attacks. My first attack started in about mid-June and was over almost exactly two months later. I'm currently in the midst of another attack that started some time in September. I'm not exactly sure as to when, due to it starting as something that came and went. The attacks have affected opposite sides of my body, so I don't believe it could have just been one that simmered down and flared back up. It just worries me that it happened immediately after my first attack.

My exacerbation have been quite spaced out.

I have had 5 exacerbations in 28 years.

It depends on the person but some get quite a few exacerbations and some get very few, and there is everything in between.

Never compare your MS and exacerbations to someone elses. This disease is very individualized.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Well I went 12 years from diagnosis to my first "attack". Then I had three of them in about an 10 month period. It got a bit intense! It was a game of now you can walk, now you can't. Not a very fun game. The good news is that after all that fun, my MS calmed down. It is different for everyone, but I'm just trying to say lots of attacks does not necessarily mean a downhill decline that won't stop.

Comment

At one point I had 4 in 12 months. It prompted my doctor to change my medication to Tysabri.

Lisa
        Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
        SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
        Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
          I have had 5 exacerbations in 28 years.

If you have few flares could you still be RRMS? I was just wondering how they upgraded the dx.

Comment

Working...
          X