Does flare = medicine failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted somewhere else that my dizziness got worse overnight (along with other symptoms). It has been a week now and I KNOW something is wrong. Does this mean that Aubagio is NOT working for me?

I have an MRI on 11/2 and I am really scared. I have no side effects on Aubagio and don't want to have to change to something else.

I have only been dx'd for 10 months and I am still trying to understand the not understandable.

No, it does not mean your dmd isn't working. You may be having a flare.

The goal of dmd's is to reduce the number of flares. There is no cure or way to stop flares. Also, dmd's do not address sx.

Ultimately your neuro and you are the best judges of whether a dmd is working, but IMHO - based on what you have shared in this post - at this point there is nothing to be worried about.
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

I have only been dx'd for 10 months and I am still trying to understand the not understandable.
      And my answer might confuse you even more

No.

It is still possible to have relapses, MS symptoms, MRI changes (better, worse) and progression even on the MS treatments.

The treatments for MS are to hopefully slow progression, hopefully decrease lesion load and/or the appearance of new lesions and hopefully decrease exacerbations (flare-up, attack, relapse).

There are no guarantees this will happen on or off medications.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
      X