ANEMIA ANYONE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANEMIA ANYONE?

My blood test came back said my red blood cells came back low and I may be anemic.

Anyone suffer from anemia and what should I expect now?

Vitamin levels all good.

May be bleeding from somewhere?
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

What DMT are you on? Some of them can cause anemia...well lots of them can. It may not be a common side effect, but it is listed on several of the DMTs as a side effect. I have chronic anemia from Tysabri. I also had it when on Rebif. If they have ruled out the common causes and deficiencies, I would ask them if your DMT could be causing it. If it is severe they can decrease the dose of the DMT in most cases.

Best of luck to you. They didn't change my dose, mine was mild. I hope yours is not too bad.

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

If the doc didn't call you in right away, then maybe it isn't severely low. If its caused by low iron levels then they'll probably start you on an iron supplement. If its blood loss, then they have to determine the source of the problem which will require more tests like endoscopy, colonoscopy, etc. Or like someone else said, it could be your other medications. I tend to run low also, but recently y ferritin level was low, which is connected to iron levels. I was started on OTC iron supplements.

Comment

Working...
      X