No announcement yet.

Where is your handicap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took a lot for me to finally get a handicap placard. One of the reasons I waited was because of the very stories I am reading in this post. I've decided that if anyone ever questions why I am parking in a handicap spot, my reply to them would be this: "Like you, my handicap is not openly visible". When they then tell me that they don't have a handicap, I would inform them that ignorance certainly is a handicap.

Comment

Wow, some people are so crazy! I'd like to know what the old lady thinks of children who are unfortunately stuck in wheelchairs all their lives? I guess it's not possible for children to be born with birth defects that leave them handicapped or accidents never happen to them? I would have wanted to take that cane and smack that old lady in the head.
      Diagnosed 1/4/13
      Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

I have problems with walking far with my ms plus some other things but also have dysautonomia and will faint if I walk far or stand on my feet more than several minutes. I did have a lady confront me at my dr office one day about it as she thought I looked well. My dr and his nurse were so angry when I told them they literally went out and gave the lady a lesson on handicaps that might not be apparent. She did apologize.
        That said I see sometimes why some people get angry but they need to be careful. I am referring to seeing teenagers and women in spike heels 5 inches high that bolt out of the car running across the lot and obviously in good health. That gives us a harder time I think as many people think if you can walk at all you are fine. Not true!
        I personally get angry at people with no tag that just park in handicap and nobody does anything about it.

Comment

Working...
        X