Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying not to freak out, but.....

Hello all,

I'm not sure what to think about my symptoms, but I'm pretty sure something is wrong with me. I've had a negative MRI (1.5 Tesla machine) of brain and neck several
    weeks ago, but since then this is happening:

weakness in legs

muscle tightness (spasticity?) in legs and left arm (feels like I've been lifting weights, but I haven't)

sometimes an aching pain in the areas of spasticity

occasional bouts of tremors in legs

frequent 'hugs' in torso and banding feelings on my left arm and occasionally legs

ongoing dizziness

fatigue

decreased coordination

my mind doesn't function well anymore

I'm sure I'm leaving something out. Pretty much every day now things are getting worse and I'm starting to get really worried. I do have a follow-up on the 31st of October with a different neurologist. I don't know what I'm expecting from you all, just some input, I guess. BTW, I'm a 44-yr. old female. Not prone to hypochondria or anxiety. Always been ridiculously healthy and only go to the doctor for required yearly physical, at least in the past. Thanks for any input.

You have a lot of symptoms in several different places that could be caused by CNS problems, but that would have shown up on the MRI if it were MS. I am telling you this because even on a 1.5 T machine, which by the way most of us are tested on and followed up on. It is better than the older .75 machines that are still around. If you are hunting for a 3T machine, your lesions would be so small they would probably not be considered MS lesions, but small vessel disease. I tell you this because you have so many symptoms in so many different places. Perhaps you should be tested for mimics.

Spasticity is measured by a neurologist pulling and pushing against your muscles. It is a simple test. Did your neurologist confirm this?

When you go to your next neurologist talk with him/her about your feeling of the hug. It actually comes mostly from thoracic lesions and you were not tested for that.

For the dizziness, you may want to see an ENT doc while you are waiting for your neuro appointment. They can tell whether your dizziness is coming from your ear or it is from the CNS. That will be good to take to your neuro. In the meantime you can take some OTC Meclizine for your dizziness. Hopefully it will help.

Hope you feel better!

Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Thank you, I mentioned the hug feeling on my neurology visit, but she really didn't even comment on it or ask any further questions. I'm thinking I will definitely push for a spine MRI at my follow-up with another neuro.

I have been having pretty severe, frequent tremors in my right leg. Over the weekend, they were bad, and also increased spasticity making walking difficult at times. Also, what feels like spasms, a few times in the same leg. I got really scared and considered going to the ER, but I figured they couldn't really do much for me. I was able to get an appt. for this week, so we'll see what the new doc says.

Comment

Just FYI... I went to the ER with nystagmus, and they were SO thorough - MRI, blood tests, everything needed to diagnose me with MS. If you have good insurance, I suggest going to the ER, but make sure it's a good hospital. I guess I kinda lucked out because the hospital I went to is the #1 stroke hospital in Colorado and they take any neurological symptoms pretty seriously, and didn't discount anything I had to say.

I was ultimately admitted for 5 days, and given daily IV doses of solu-medrol, baclofen & klonipin, and everything's back to normal now - almost 2 months later.

Good luck and i hope you get some relief soon.
        No sir, I don't like it.
        Diagnosed August 30, 2013.

Comment

Working...
        X