Was PT helpful for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PT is the best medicine for me!
    I think it is fantastic for the body and mind.
    I have not seen a PT in years but I still do my exercises daily.

Helps about as much as diet and in my case that is huge.

I big thumbs up from me. All gain no side effects ! (other than feeling, moving, and looking better... I can live with that.)

Comment

Love PT

Yes, do your exercises on days you don't have PT, and when insurance won't let you have any more PT. And don't go to people who don't know anything about MS. I first went to a therapist who thought it was Muscular Dystrophy. What a waste of time/money! She told me not to exercise, which was totally untrue. As an inveterate gym rat/hiker/bicyclist etc, I cried at my new reality. When I mentioned it a year later to my neuro, she was horrified. Only years later did I read a description of how to treat MD and I realized what my PT was thinking.

Comment

pt is great (ot too), this is my 3rd time and i do it for as long as insurance let`s me!
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Yes

Hi,

I just wanted to respond to this post as well. I have definite walking issues, right leg weakness, tripping over my own toes, need to use a cane...and I found PT to be awesome help. The biggest hurdle to me was getting my head around the fact that I might do all sorts of work and then have a relapse and have to start all over again. My PT helped me by explaining that any work I do would make me stronger overall and even if I relapsed, I'd be better off with PT under my belt. So I do it every day, and it really makes me stronger, and it's empowering. It's something I can do to help myself.

Comment

Working...
          X