Do Not understand my MRI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Not understand my MRI?

Ok, I'm sorry first time I have ever joined any thing like this and really do not know what I'm doing.

I was dx in 2008, but walked away from it as "I really do not have this, and little tingling and numbness in my feet. really"

Last year I had my 2nd Optic neuritis, and well way more numbness (including higher than my feet, if you get my drift). And now a left foot that kinda drags every now and again.

Just got all my MRI Reports, and I do not have any Spinal cord lesions. Good but then why the numbness?

Any way the Brain not so good I'll post the Findings word for word and if anyone can help me please do.

There are multiple T2 hyperintense supratentorial white matter lesions. No infratentorial lesions are identified. The supratentorial lesions are in a juxtacortical and periventricular distribution. Approximately 20 to 25 lesions are present. It is difficult to compare to the previous study as it is hard copy images with thicker slices, however I do believe there are likely several new lesions within the left frontal lobe and possibly the right frontal lobe adjacent to the occipital horn of the left lateral ventricle. The remainder of the brain parenchyma demonstrates normal morphology.

I also always thought in my denial that MS was a physical problem. Over the last years my speech has gotten bad, (can't find the word, can't pronounce the word - can in my head but cant get it out right - often throw the wrong word into a sentence, (your sock is in the garage when should be dryer???). And my Husbands favorite saying of late "have you had a stroke? you just asked me that same question 3 times! in a row! Can all that mind stuff be MS? I thought I was just getting very stupid?

I'm sorry lot of questions I just don't know what to make of all this.

Hi Sharonn and welcome!

I don't have any info to share about your mri, but yes cognitive issues can come from ms. Good news is that for some it comes and goes. Good luck and God Bless!

Comment

Sharonn: Lets take your MRI step by step:

1. The supratentorial lesions are in a juxtacortical and periventricular distribution.

This means that the lesions are just under the cortex (outer most layer of the brain) Juxtacortical, and beside of the ventricles (periventricular).

2. Approximately 20 to 25 lesions are present. It is difficult to compare to the previous study as it is hard copy images with thicker slices, however I do believe there are likely several new lesions within the left frontal lobe and possibly the right frontal lobe adjacent to the occipital horn of the left lateral ventricle.

You have many lesions. Your previous study was processed differently so it is hard to compare the two, however, you have several new lesions in the left frontal lobe and possibly the right frontal lobe next to the occipital horn of the left lateral ventricle.

4. The remainder of the brain parenchyma demonstrates normal morphology.

You don't have any tumors, cysts, bleeds, etc.

That is the MRI. As for the rest, for sure cognitive problems are a big issue for a large percentage of the MS population. There are things you can do to alleviate or at least help the problem. First thing is to get a cognitive evaluation by a neuropsychologist. They will do testing on you and show you where your problem areas are and then devise a plan to help you with these problems.

I personally have the talking thing and the calling things the wrong name thing. Used to drive my husband crazy, now he just says, "Lisa, do you really mean grocery store or do you mean refrigerator?" I of course mean the latter. He gets me now. He is an old hat at this. Anyway, you husband will understand better, the more he knows about MS, and its workings on the mind.

Take care,
      Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Thank you

That information helps a lot!

And thank you for the "did you mean" comment, that is said by my Husband soooo often.

I was always just watching for the physical changes and really never thought to the brain fog was in anyway a MS thing.

Comment

Working...
        X