Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ack!!!!

Hello all,
    I'll get right to it. I'm starting a new job, one that I really, really, really wanted. I am however, doubting myself...
    Can I really learn all that it entails? Do I have the stamina?
    What the hell am I doing trying to start a new career at this stage in my life? 41 y.o.
    So many what-ifs. I haven't had an acute exacerbation in years. I get fatigued, and have some cognitive issues, but I think I can handle this....
    I of course, haven't disclosed MS.
    OMG! Start tomorrow 8am....
    Jody - AKA Mac1ntosh

I love an Apple...computer that is!
    DX'99 - Started Betaseron April '05 - Quit Betaseron Sept. '15
    Started Gilenya Oct. '15

You can do it and congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by mac1ntosh View Post
      Hello all,
      I'll get right to it. I'm starting a new job, one that I really, really, really wanted. I am however, doubting myself...
      What the hell am I doing trying to start a new career at this stage in my life? 41 y.o.
      So many what-ifs. I haven't had an acute exacerbation in years. I get fatigued, and have some cognitive issues, but I think I can handle this....
      Hello, congratulations on your accomplishment on your job!!!

I'm assuming if you got the job your qualified to do the job. Take one day at a time and know you limitations with your disease as I'm sure you do with having it for so long

Time will really only tell how well your mind and body will adjust to your new job but I bet in the meantime you will make some close friends in which you can confide in about your disease. This always seem to help so that others know where you coming from.

Best of luck tomorrow at 8 a.m.
      Tira

Comment

Originally posted by mac1ntosh View Post
        Hello all,
        Go YOU and enjoy your abilities while you have them! jealous here and so happy for you! fed

Comment

Give it as much as you can for as long as you can. DO NOT tell people you have MS unless it is clearly evident something is wrong. If your company offers LTD...jump on it!

Good luck with your new job. You clearly are still a motivated, ambitious person. Don't be motivated by your fears.

Comment

How did your first day go?
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

You can do it!

I made a big change career wise last year, and I had the same fears. However, I reminded myself to listen to my body, get plenty of rest and be me.

Comment

Well, I thought the day went well. I guess I jumped to conclusions. They called later in the day and said, thanks for trying out, but you don't need to come in again.

No real explanation. So I'm going to keep looking for that "perfect" job.

Oh, and apply for disability. I am on the cusp of running out of unemployment. I really don't want to lose our house, or vehicles just because I can't find a job.

I also need to find a therapist, I can't control emotions, and this is all really depressing.

Rock. Meet hard place.

Jody
                Jody - AKA Mac1ntosh

I love an Apple...computer that is!
                DX'99 - Started Betaseron April '05 - Quit Betaseron Sept. '15
                Started Gilenya Oct. '15

Comment

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out.

Comment

Congratulations!
                    If you want to keep your job, don't tell anyone.

Word gets around, and pretty soon they may try to replace you. It doesn't matter what you have as long as you can do your job.

Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X