worried about my son he's 6 yrs old possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worried about my son he's 6 yrs old possible

Lately his hand's ( finger's occasionley shake ) he's also been complaining of his left calf hurting after he goes poo ?
    like to get some insight worried about my M.S. possibly beiing passed on ?
    Thank's for listening
    Holchel

Your son's chances of having MS because you have it are only slightly higher than that of any other 6-year-old. And MS is uncommon in children overall. Initial symptoms also don't commonly show up in both hands (or anywhere on both sides of the body).

All that said, MS or not, your son's shaking and pain probably warrant attention, and I hope it turns out to be a short-lived malady.

Comment

Hochel

It is common for us MSers to be ever vigilant watching for signs of MS in our children. Does not sound real serious to me, but I am not a doctor.

The best course of action is to see your pediatrician.

Here's to hoping all goes well.
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Don't look for symptoms that aren't there yet.

How is his balance?
        Does he complain about anything else?

The testing is arduous and difficult.
        Some of it is somewhat dangerous (LP).

I don't know how they would test a small child for MS.

Sorry I could not be of more help, and I pray he doesn't have it.

Comment

Well his balance is quite fine ( Unlike me ) But I'm not going to worry too much ( I'd hate to put him through un-needed tests ! )
          thank's all
          Holchel

Comment

Hi holchel,

If your son is on any medications you may want to check the side effects.

he's also been complaining of his left calf hurting after he goes poo ?
            If that is the only time he complains about this it makes me wonder if he is straining "to go" and in the process contracting his muscles in that area. Something to check into. (It's amazing what things we will "check into" as parents )
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
            X