MRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI

Does anyone know if toe nail polish should be removed before an MRI. I don't wear any makeup as a precaution. Can't seem to find any info online.

I never have, and they've never cared. They ask if I have permanent (tattooed) makeup, because that can be an issue, but the rest of the makeup (powder, mascara, lipstick, etc.) wasn't a concern.

Comment

I've had 3 MRIs and have always worn toe nail polish... I wouldn't worry about it....
      Take care
      It all started with a mouse.. " Walt Disney"

Comment

Not that I've ever heard,just any kind of metal.Jewlery,hair pins,ect.
        Is this your 1st.? I always fall asleep,you just lay there.
        God Bless,keep us posted Nona.

Comment

Just remove your metal jewelry and wear non-metallic retainers for non-ear piercings. Make up and polish are fine.

Also, my tattoos never gave me a problem. Old tattoos, done when the pigments contained more metal, can get warm, but are still not an issue. They ask more to be forewarned.

I just leave my jewelry at home, get carried from my wheelchair to the MRI and enjoy a couple hours of nap time.

Comment

MRI nail polish

Thanks for the replies. Not my first MRI but had a bad experience with MRI in April. Brain,cervical and thoracic were all done at the visit. Toward the end it was very hot with no fan circulating. It was the first time I was so uncomfortable that I had to press the call ball. Am somewhat anxious about upcoming MRI this week because of that very unpleasant experience.

Comment

Originally posted by rsinger View Post
              Not my first MRI but had a bad experience with MRI in April. Brain,cervical and thoracic were all done at the visit.
              Sorry I don't have any idea about the polish--never even thought about it actually!

But I'm surprised they did all 3--my imaging place said they won't even schedule more than 2 at a time because it's just too long of a time! So I had to make 2 appts, 1 for the brain and C spine and one for the T spine...

Maybe try breaking them up?? Good luck with them and hope it all goes well this time!

Comment

I've had 3 in one go before. I just zone out.

Comment

MRI

Had my MRI today. All 3 regions done in a couple of hours. No over heating this time. Obviously something was wrong with the MRI machine when I had my scan in April. Thanks for all the responses. This is a great website. Really feel like I have a connection to people who share a common bond.
                  Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X