I need help with words.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help with words.

So, I'm not good at all with words. I tend to be very blunt and not at all nice. I trusted someone with the knowledge that I have MS. And they told everyone. I'm very hurt mad. I don't even know how to explain what I am. Anyway. I need some help with the words to express myself without cussing and being exceptionally rude my normal reaction would be to say nothing and hold it in because my words are to blunt and ugly. And though I want this person it understand. I just don't know how to start the conversation. Or end.
    Help.

Sorry that someone else decided to put you out there on their terms and not your own. I would simple tell her how you felt about it and how in the future you would like her to handle your private information.

If you are concerned about your anger getting the best of you, write it down and read what you have written. Make sure that you allow a limited amount of time so that you can say what you want to say and then move on with or without her friendship, your decision.

But do keep in mind if she shared out of concern or if she is usually the office gossip. In which case you have to give her the same pass that you give her when she is sharing other peoples business.

Hope everything works out well.

Comment

I'm so sorry this happened. Why don't you write her a letter? If you still want to be friends,tell her how hurt you were,if she still can't understand,I think I'd drop her.
      At least in a letter you can chose your words w/out fear of saying the wrong thing.
      Keep us posted God Bless Nona

Comment

A friend like that is most likely not worth your energy. It is unlikely that person is sorrowful or she would have honored your requests.

Which brings me to, what else of yours is she sharing? You can never trust someone like that, ever! fed

Comment

I agree w those that say to write down your thoughts. And that this person is not a great friend.

Comment

I actually am not very forgiving when it comes to something like this. Something similar happened to me with a friend within my most inner circle.

I don't have any problems with anger or cussing and am fairly well spoken even if I am angry. So, I confronted her and told her what she did was unacceptable, immature and irresponsible on her part and that her actions hurt me personally. I was very kind, but very matter of fact. She apologized profusely. I said, thank you for the apology, but she would no longer be part of my circle. I explained that I live a stress free life, I treat my friends as I would expect them to treat me and all though I know everyone makes mistakes...well, this one was just to big forgive. Inadditionally reminded her we were too old for this kind of stuff...we were in our 40s. I wished her well, and have not seen or spoken to her since. I have not missed her or the drama.

Does a zebra change its stripes? Sometimes. I recommend what the other posters said and would put my words in writing. Pick someone who knows you to help you proofread it to ensure it is the way you want.

She needs to know the behavior was unacceptable. Only you can decide if she should still be considered a friend. Once you have done whatever it is you need to do, never give it a second thought..not worth the time.
            Katie
            "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
            "My MS is a Journey for One."
            Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
            X