Accidentally found something for tremors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidentally found something for tremors

I'm getting an almost total suppression of them from it. You won't believe - chamomile tea. I met a friend out for lunch the other day at a new coffee/tea place, walked in with the worst tremors I've had in a long time, had the tea and walked out with next to none.

It dawned on me later it might have been the tea that did it, so I tried it again at home. Same result, only I need a fresher batch for here.

What relief!
    It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

I am thankful that I do not suffer from tremors and glad now I know a great remedy when needed.

Thank you!
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

If it helped me, it might help someone else and is worth sharing. Tremors have been one of the more embarrassing, frustrating symptoms I've had. This particular day it was in my face, mouth, head, hands and torso. And I was out to lunch with a friend. She could barely look at me trying eat lunch until they calmed down.

All they have to offer are meds that bottom out my blood pressure and make me want to sleep all day. It's not workable. This is.

Comment

Thanks, I will have to try it! I get tremors when I am extremely fatigued.

Comment

That's great news lusciousleaves! I love chamomile tea as it relaxes me and helps with my sleep. I found this info from herbwisdom.com -

"Although best known as a muscle relaxant and antispasmodic, chamomile is also believed to have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory capabilities. The plant's healing properties come from its daisylike flowers, which contain volatile oils (including bisabolol, bisabolol oxides A and B, and matricin) as well as flavonoids (particularly a compound called apinegin) and other therapeutic substances."

So, your good news make sense!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Well, all of those are a bonus! I've only known of chamomile as something to help you sleep or relax.

Comment

This is pretty cool. I googled tremor and chamomile -- many, many hits from naturopathic sites. Some also talk about using oil of chamomile. You're definitely on to something :-).

Comment

I have been drinking tea for many years and yes, that includes chamomile.

What I have found is chamomile as well as some other teas help with shaking/tremors related to stress/anxiety/panic attacks.

I have not seen any benefit from tea in helping with MS related tremors/shaking.
                Diagnosed 1984
                “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Mine are like Misslux describes, worsened by fatigue and heat, are often the first sign of a flareup, helped by steroids, and can disappear when the flareup is over. Ice packs on the back of the neck or swimming in a cool pool also calm them down. This is the first time I've found a tea that works for tremors, and I'm super pleased with the result. Caffeine, low blood sugar and intense emotions or intense stress will make them worse, but there is more to the story than anxiety or stress. Trust me on this. I know my body and live with it everyday.

Comment

lusciousleaves,

I'm glad chamomile tea seems to help your tremors.

Unfortunately, My bilateral hand tremors due to MS has never been helped by drinking tea, of any kind.

Bilateral hand tremors was one of many symptoms I had at diagnosis 28 years ago and I have been a tea drinker longer than that.

Caffeine, low blood sugar and intense emotions or intense stress will make them worse,
                    This is true for many people, even those without MS. Intense emotions or intense stress can cause anyone to shake.

The difference tremors and shaking caused by emotions/stress/anxiety is once the person can calm down and relax the tremors/shaking will go away.

In MS tremors/shaking is caused by damage to the CNS and at least for me, tea doesn't fix the damage to nerves or affect tremors. Even steroids didn't help my tremors for very long.
                    Diagnosed 1984
                    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I guess it just sounded to me a little like your tremors were caused by MS and mine most definitely weren't, and that's the reason why mine were helped by something like chamomile tea when yours weren't. Does that make sense?

It seemed more like someone interested in discrediting my experience because I don't have an official diagnosis. Should I put that in my sig line so everyone is fully aware of this? Is that this issue around here?

I found something that helped me with tremors I've also had since the age of 28 that come and go, and wanted to share a success story of an unexpected little helper. It's a harmless one at that.

I'm really sorry it never helped yours, but does that necessarily mean all MS tremors won't be helped by it since yours weren't? Maybe it did help at one point and you never noticed the effect?

This whole "I'm right and your wrong because I have MS and you don't" battle around this place gets very old.

It sure doesn't help make going through this process any easier.

Why I don't come here to share much anymore, once again.

Comment

Wow! News I can use! Montel Williams also recommends "3 root tea" to us MSers for emotional wellness. I think i will put in an order for both of these teas when I get my next SSDI check! Can't wait!!
                        Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
                          Wow! News I can use! Montel Williams also recommends "3 root tea" to us MSers for emotional wellness. I think i will put in an order for both of these teas when I get my next SSDI check! Can't wait!!
                          Somehow, I'm getting the feeling you're not really serious here. But I had to ask, would one of those roots happen to be valerian? I did notice the chamomile with valerian did a better job than the straight chamomile.

Comment

Valerian. I will have to try that too. Thanks!

Comment

lusciousleaves,

I am aware you are not diagnosed with MS...at this time. My responses were not based on that information.

Sleepytime tea makes a tea that has both chamomile and valerian. I find this tea quite relaxing and calming but again, it does not help my tremors that are related to MS.
                              Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X