WHY MS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHY MS?

HI EVERYONE. I'M STRUGGLING WITH HAVING MS.....HOW TO I DO THAT? I HAVE HAD IT FOR ABOUT 10YRS.....AND IT IS NOT GETTING ANY BETTER....I NEED SOME HELP. THANK YOU

hang in there

I'm in the same boat. Been about 10 years, and I still feel like I got the shaft.
    You may feel that way forever. I talked to a professional therapist, in the beginning that helped. A bunch.
    Please go see someone. Anyone. Talk about it.
    Are you in a place that you can join a peer group?

As bad as I think I have "it". Someone, somewhere is worse off. Try to think of the "good" things about having MS.

Peace and blessings to you.

Jody
    Jody - AKA Mac1ntosh

I love an Apple...computer that is!
    DX'99 - Started Betaseron April '05 - Quit Betaseron Sept. '15
    Started Gilenya Oct. '15

Comment

We would love to help you.. What type of input do you need? We all struggle so give us an idea of a subject we can help you with.

K
      Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Hi diguilio, most of us (if not all) would like an answer to the questions WHY MS? and Why me?

We would like to know how to manage our MS, both physically and emotionally. Some of us don't think we are getting any better at managing it either.

I think comming here and voicing our frustrations and exchanging info about different aspects of MS helps us 'manage'. Exchanging info with others is the the most effective remedy I've found. My MS doc may know a lot about ms, he doesn't understand the experience of MS like we do.

You do sound better, and your typing looks improved too.

How are you feeling?

Best wishes going your way.

Comment

I also think that seeing a therapist for a while is a good idea. If you are "struggling" there isn't any substitute for one-on-one face-to face therapy.

You've already gotten some good suggestions over time from people who post here. But if you're still having to ask how to adjust it sounds like you are going to have to do something else because what you've been doing isn't enough.

it might be incredibly hard for you to get to a therapist every week. But if you are struggling it might be the only way for you to get the right kind of help. As helpful as it can be to interact on message boards, no one here can provide the kind of therapy that that kind of struggling and grief need. My county public transportation agency has handicap-accessible busses and vans that a lot of people use to get to and from medical appointments. Maybe yours does too?

Have you reviewed your MS treatment with your neurologist lately? Have you been referred for physical and/or occupational therapy? Tell us what's going on and we'll be able to give you some ideas about how to get what you need.

Comment

Sorryyou're having such a hard time,but itdoesn't get better. You may not have as many exaserbations,but like me you may progress to SPMS where you're symptoms just slowly get worse.
            I was Dx in 2000,but neuro saies I've had it much longer.
            I agree some therapy might be a good idea,I had it 2 different times & it does help.
            Keep us posted,God Bless Owlnona

Comment

I'm on the back side of 25 yrs (I'm SPMS). I still struggle with the same questions as when I was newly diagnosed in 1989.

I joined our local MS support group a couple years ago and started taking anti-depressants. It has really helped to know and help support others in the same situation as me.
              Karen

Comment

Working...
              X