Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever have MRI where back of head burned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had my three MRIs done today with and without contrast. In the tube for under 2hrs. There was plenty of air circulating and I felt fine. No hotness or burning. Unlike, the last three I had, I was very warm (but no burn-like issues).

just an fyi

Comment

I have been assured the platinum coils in my brain (aneurysm, how lucky am I) are fine with a MRI. This I do not believe.
      To check the aneursym, I used to have angiograms. No MS problems. Now I have to have MRIs and it is a nightmare. Walk in, lurch out.

Comment

any update?

Please, how are you doing now?? I just had this experience and am concerned....

Originally posted by AlohaBeachBum View Post
        I just had this experience today. Came across this thread while searching for answers. This wasnt my first MRI, I've had 5 or more, once before I have experienced shocks in my arm due to touching. But today, After nearly an hour in the machine, my back and head started "heating" up. Now on my back it was a gentle warmness, like a heating pad, But the back of my head was on Fire! It was so intense I asked for them to stop , they did pause it but then started it back (I was only about 5 minutes till done) But, I was nearly in tears- here it is 12 hours later, and putting ice pack on it, and the back of my head still burns - it's pretty terrifying, Please tell me that, it got better quicky, with no long term effects?

Comment

update?

how are you feeling now?

Originally posted by MSLorrieL View Post
          Just had a two hour MRI last night and the last hour of it, every time the machine went on it felt like painful burning of the back of my head.

Today my scalp is still sore and tender there like a sunburn.

Anyone else have this happen? Is there anything I can do to avoid that unpleasantness in the future?

Thank you for reading this, and for any replies.

Comment

Originally posted by MSLorrieL View Post
            Just had a two hour MRI last night and the last hour of it, every time the machine went on it felt like painful burning of the back of my head.

Today my scalp is still sore and tender there like a sunburn.

Anyone else have this happen? Is there anything I can do to avoid that unpleasantness in the future?

Thank you for reading this, and for any replies.

Hi. I had MR a week ago and the top of my head is still in burning pain. Day after MRI i went do ER where i got painkilling infusion. Doctors don't know what are causes for my pain. Nobody even think about burns.
            I'm very concerned about that thing. Can someone tells me, how long this pain will last? What can I do, to help myself, because it is realy unpleasant.

Tnx.

Comment

OLD thread: new update

My last MRI burned my head like fire and left my head feeling sunburned for 3 days.

So I asked my neuro about this at my appointment this week.

He said that is NOT supposed to happen, but he has experienced it himself, so he agrees that it can happen. He does not think it is causing any actual harm.

He thinks the fact that I have mine done in a 3T machine is the reason. Higher power, more heat generated.

Just thought I'd post his answer in case anyone searches for this topic.

Comment

Working...
              X