PAIN IN THE BACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAIN IN THE BACK

I was just wondering if anyone has had severe pain in the back right under the ribs. The pain is continuous and then from time to time it's very intense.

I have tried the heating pad, ice pack, pain meds. nothing helps.

I just don't want to go to the doc everytime something hurts. I know there is nothing they can do for most of it.

Thanks for the help!!
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

First of all, I am sorry you are going through such pain! But do not assume ALL is MS related. I would see your primary doc first to rule out anything else, like kidney.

I have midback pain for years. I also had what I guess is MS hug where it wrapped around my ribs and squeezed SOOO HARD it took my breath away!!

I would wear a lumbar wrap, found at drug stores. It would wrap around secured by velcro. In addition it had an extra strap I could pull harder and it supported these spasming muscles.

I took a mild muscle relaxer Rx Methocarbamol 750mg with Ibruprofin 600mg. That seemed to help. But now I am on Diclofenac slow release every 12 hours along with Baclofen for my back/legs and it seems to help. Now I never get that MS hug or not as severe.

BUT I am experiencing mid-back buzzing,numbness at times or pain, burning, searing to feeling like someone punched me. Not sure what to do either. I will cont to tell all my docs, including my kidney doctor.

Stay in touch. If you get relief please share.

Gentle, gentle hugs,

Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

THANKS A BUNCH, I WAS THINKING IT MAYBE A KIDNEY INFECTION BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER SX. JUST HATE, HATE, HATE GOING TO THE DOC. SO MUCH. SICK OF ALL THE TESTS ETC.... I GUES I'LL SUCK IT UP AND CALL. I'LL LET YOU KNOW. AGAIN THANKS FOR THE INPUT.
      DIAGNOSED=2012
      ISSUES LONG BEFORE
      REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Originally posted by mercadies25 View Post
        I was just wondering if anyone has had severe pain in the back right under the ribs. The pain is continuous and then from time to time it's very intense.

I have tried the heating pad, ice pack, pain meds. nothing helps.

I just don't want to go to the doc everytime something hurts. I know there is nothing they can do for most of it.

Thanks for the help!!
        Hi there. I wasn't sure if you have already gone to the doctor by now and found out what your pain could be. I hope you got some kind of information by now. I think it depends on what kind of pain it is.

I just wanted to add I have continuous nerve pain in the lumbar area of my spine and that emanates upwards. Some months it is excruciating and others it is mild but ever present. I have had the MS hug in the past but this is different from that gripping hug, it feels like I am cut open in that area among other things. I also get back spasms.

I am pretty sure mine is caused by my cervical spine lesion but my neuro swore it should be thoracic lesions, but the MRI didn't show any thoracic lesions, however, there can be thoracic lesions unable to be seen on MRI at the levels we currently have for the public. My MRI's are done in 3T, but some thoracic lesions can't be seen up to T8 strengths from the research I have done. I also have innumerable lesions in my brain with many of them being tumefactive sized so I am not sure if those contribute to this pain or not.

We have ruled out all bone and spine damages. I had MRI's done of my lumbar, thoracic and the usual cervical and brain. Went to one of the best spine doctors here in Las Vegas only to be told there is nothing wrong bone wise or in their field of treatment that they could do. There are no disc problems or pinched or compressed nerves or any other indicators of a problem for me other than the MS.

I stay very much up to date on as much research as I can as far as lesions, the other silent damages that go on. I do not always assume every symptom I have is MS. But in this case - the on going lumbar nerve pain, neck pain and host of other goodies is for me, strictly the MS. I tried Gabapentin and had an allergic reaction to it, which seems to be the case for me with many medications. I don't do well on anti-depressants so I haven't yet tried Cymbalta for this pain but I hear it works for others.

I do hope you are feeling better.
        Hugs,
        Danielle
        LDN'er since 2007

Comment

thanks for the reply and info, yes I've been to the doc he says he "thinks" it's the ms hug. upped my zanaflex and gabepentin helps some but still there. more tolerable.
          DIAGNOSED=2012
          ISSUES LONG BEFORE
          REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Working...
          X