Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depression prior and after diagnosis

Hello;
    very curious, I have suffered from severe depression prior to my ms.My depression has gotten worse and my paxil has been increased to its highest level. Still need more medication depression has gotten better with increase but not enough yet. Has anyone ever had this problem and what were you prescribed and did it help. thanks

Hi Tammy-Rose,

Sorry that you're feeling kind of low still.

I also have depression and I'm in limbo land. I find that it takes time and support from professionals and friends/family to help with the mental health issues plus a lot of self care.

I'm assuming that you need more than meds, because people usually do.

Maybe Google mindfulness courses, CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), and perhaps look into some counselling? I'm wondering if you need more than just the meds?
    Take care,
    swingingwillow
    Limbo lander on hold with a fast busy signal...

Comment

The SSRI type of anti-depressants stopped helping me. I moved over to Welbutrin and like it better. Getting off the SSRI sucked (took time and I had wierd dreams etc.)
      Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

I had my best results with Cymbalta, but due to change in insurance and the cost of Cymbalta going from $30 a month to $150 a month, i had to change, they switched me to Paxil, and i still feel down and want to cry, almost daily and it has been almost 3 yrs, but there are times that i don't feel that way, my doctor has also added xanax as needed, and i am very cautious using it, because i do not wont to get addicted.

I do think you have better days ahead of you, it really does take time to get meds adjusted to your needs, I am hoping that mine are very close....but you are not alone, I will say....I try my best not to let it get me down....

I hope they get the correct meds for you soon....Loves
        Anita

Comment

Depression sucks. I had depression prior to my dx and still take pristique for depression.

I found that having my vitamin D levels up to normal levels really helped my depression. When I added B complex and started taking sublingual B12 it helped get me up to another level.

I take a boat load of supplements to augment any meds I take..and I try not to take any more than I have to. I think the supplements have helped more than anything.

j
          Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Working...
          X